vs Yankees Game 5

Satyr3206

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Per CBA rules, hasn’t most (90%) of the deferred buyouts have to be already set aside in present value?  This is why not shown in the payments itemization.  Same with Bobby Bonilla for NYM and why Shohei Ohtani shown in terms of AAV present value. 
    • Are we at the point that we want to give the backup catcher 225-250 PAs? If that's the case, I'd like to see an upgrade from McCann.
    • 1.5 months of data shouldn't make any difference. These guys have too much upside to trade. I'm most concerned about Mayo, more due to lack of position than the early hitting results. Still, no regrets even if Skubal was available, which I highly doubt 
    • I'm not in the group that expected us to miss the playoffs a few days ago.  This thread was a bit silly at the time, and has now become completely irrelevant.  But stating we are going to win 5 of the next 9 games as a fact, is just as ignorant as the people who think we are going to lose out or continue the tailspin to the point that we will miss the playoffs.  As much as I can't stand constant negativity, I also can't stand people who have no tolerance for any negativity, or pessimism, or whatever you want to call it.  If you just want to be a part of a cheerleading group and resent any criticism of the team, a hardcore fan message board is probably not the place for you.  Not just speaking to this poster, but as a retort to similar opinions in general. 
    • Would the team be any better off with Skubal than they are now, considering the hitting woes?  I think that’s debatable, and questionable enough that I wouldn’t give up that high level talent to find out.    Who knows if the Tigers would have even done that?  They’ve made a nice run behind Skubal and the rest of their staff since the deadline. I think it’s a good chance they extend him to lead that young team into the next several years of what they hope are contending teams. Decent position player pool there. 
    • The Tigers are a fun story, reminiscent of the ‘22 birds a little bit (if that team had had a CY winner heading the rotation). But we need to end the dream for them this weekend. Take care of business versus Detroit and next weeks games will hardly matter. We can get our staff set up for the WC series after their next turn. That would be ideal. 
    • This is my thinking as well.  Who would have guessed that despite all the injuries, the Trevor Rogers fiasco and Corbin Burnes' terrible August that the most reliable part of this team would still be the starting pitching?  Eflin and Suarez have anchored a much better than expected rotation, with Kremer and Povich hanging in there despite some rough starts.  The current rotation has mostly kept us in games despite the absence of hitting and a head shaking bullpen.  Would we be better right now with Skubal?  Probably, but not by much with so much else wrong with this team.  Plus we kept our position player future that is clearly mostly still developing.   Perhaps we could still trade for Skubal this offseason, but with the Tigers suddenly Wild Card contenders I can't see them letting him go.  Maybe they'd trade him for a crazy package crazy like Adley, Holliday, Kjerstad and Povich.  I think that ship has sailed and maybe was never close to being a reality anyway.
  • Popular Contributors