Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

Heather answers the question. Lucky Jim tells us how lucky he was.

It'd be hard for the airport to be only half in KY. There's a large river in between the 2 states. It's the border. That's why the border is so zig-zaggy, it's the river zig-zagging like rivers do. Here's something I don't know: Is Ohio named after the river?

The State was named after the river. The river was named for some Indian (Iroquois?) word.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's 26 actually.

He turned 26 when the season ended. What I meant to say was that he had accumulated an .820 OPS through age 25, not that he'll be 25 next season. The point is that he hasn't hit what should be his prime yet and still he is putting up solid numbers.

I'm not in love with the guy, I just thought your "light hitting" comment was not warranted. We know what light hitting OFs look like.

Both Murton and Scott have decent platoon splits, but I think if you platooned them in LF and gave each some time at DH, you could get an .850 OPS in each spot.

I think you gotta trade Millar. Keep Huff and hope he has a good first half and trade him at the deadline.

Payton we might have to hold onto for the first half to see if he can bounce back some so we can trade him somewhat higher than his value now.

Gibbons is the real problem. What do we do with him? I hope he has a great spring training and we trade him for some minor prospect just before the season starts. Probally eating half of his contract.

I like Scott better than Murton. Murton has no place to play other than 4th OFer and DH and those spots are occupied right now. Pie and Gallagher would be a much better fit.

And again, I would much rather have Bailey over Cueto. Unless we are going to give Cueto some Miracle Grow, he's an injury waiting to happen.

I don't see that we're getting either a SS or a CF or a stud hitter out of the Cincinatti or Cubs trades. Cueto might be the goods, but that's about the only player who comes over maybe as impact. We're be stacked with left fielders, first basemen and DH's and have garbage in center and at second and short.

The Orioles have to do better then these trades.

He turned 26 when the season ended. What I meant to say was that he had accumulated an .820 OPS through age 25, not that he'll be 25 next season. The point is that he hasn't hit what should be his prime yet and still he is putting up solid numbers.

I'm not in love with the guy, I just thought your "light hitting" comment was not warranted. We know what light hitting OFs look like.

Both Murton and Scott have decent platoon splits, but I think if you platooned them in LF and gave each some time at DH, you could get an .850 OPS in each spot.

As corner outfielders go, he's light hitting.

I wouldn't hate the idea of him if we didn't have Payton, Gibbons, Millar, Scott, and Huff all splitting time in LF/1b/DH. A guy like Murton is one of the few things this team has no need for.

No worries. It's weird that you can't access the Orioles forum though. The mods might be fiddling around with some stuff right now.

I wish I could give you some positive rep, but I've already used up my rep for today. Long story... :D

Nah, it makes sense. It is because he is a Reds fan... :002_ssuprised: :P

I have to say if this is the haul we get for Bedard, Tejada and BRob, i will be disappointed:

Top tier guys:

Votto

Cueto

Second tier:

Gallagher

Patton

Scott

Murton

Bottom tier:

Sarfate

Costanzo

Albers

EPat(could be second tier if he can play second)

Stubbs

Lanish

This doesn't really excite me at all.

I have to say if this is the haul we get for Bedard, Tejada and BRob, i will be disappointed:

[shortened]

This doesn't really excite me at all.

Agreed 100%. And Votto and Cueto project to be solid everyday 1B and 2 pitcher, not Superstar 1b and Ace.

Don't trade Roberts unless you are getting a premium player back. His value is unlikely to go down since he isn't really injury prone and he didn't play over his head last year. Stupid to just trade him for a bunch of B-level prospects. No reason not to hold out with Roberts. Even the blow it up folks on this board wouldn't care if we held on to Roberts in the hopes of getting a premium prospect if Bedard is traded and we are only offered B level prospects.

Murton is too average. I like Gallagher, but not so much that he is a primary piece. Patterson does nothing for me.

Archived