Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here, the Pedro that had injury problems starting at age 30. We might get 6-7 Pedro like seasons but then he'll break down. And we might not even get that. Bailey is a safer bet. The only reason he is having command problems is because of the work he's doing on his changeup.

I'll take 12 years of dominance even if it's followed by years of frustration.

Then tell me how Votto is not comparable to Helton???

Does Votto possess the ability to hit .340 with 40+ HR?

Does Votto even have 50% of the skill Helton does/did at 1B?

It appears to me that Votto is Sean Casey with a little more pop.

I suppose that if Sean Casey had a little more pop in his bat he'd be Todd Helton? Come on.

Then tell me how Votto is not comparable to Helton???[/QUote]Votto has a career .861 minor league OPS. Todd Helton has a career 1.013 major league OPS.

Their minor league numbers were more comparable, although Helton is still unequivocally ahead in everything except for hitting HRs.

Does Votto possess the ability to hit .340 with 40+ HR?

Does Votto even have 50% of the skill Helton does/did at 1B?

It appears to me that Votto is Sean Casey with a little more pop.

I suppose that if Sean Casey had a little more pop in his bat he'd be Todd Helton? Come on.

In Todd Heltons first 93 at bats with the Rockies at 23 he put up an 821 OPS with 5 homers.

In Votto's first 84 at bats coming with the Reds at 23 years old he had a .908 OPS with 4 homers.

I don't think it's crazy to think that he could equal Helton's offensive production.

In Todd Heltons first 93 at bats with the Rockies at 23 he put up an 821 OPS with 5 homers.

In Votto's first 84 at bats coming with the Reds at 23 years old he had a .908 OPS with 4 homers.

I don't think it's crazy to think that he could equal Helton's offensive production.

Todd Helton is a future HOFer. No way 84 at bats mean anything in what Votto will do in the future.

Are you being serious? Since they both were high average / OBP 1B with average (below average in Helton's case) HR power you'd expect Votto to have the same sort of explosion that Helton did.

Do you expect every 13th round amateur draft pick to become Albert Pujols?

I like Votto a lot, but lets be fair to him and not compare him to a HOF guy. Unreasonable expectations are a dangerous game.

My impression is that Votto's upside is .300/.400/.550 or roughly translated: .300/35/110.

I'll take that under my control for the next 6 years or so.

Not quite Todd Helton, but still pretty impressive. I think at his worst Votto could be expected to go: .270/.360/.480.

His numbers are weighed down by two "down" years in the minors. And this past year wasn't exceptional. But there's no doubt he's ready to produce now. Cueto is still a year away.

Votto does compare to Helton somewhat.I think Helton had a little bit more power than Votto does and his D is better but that is the only difference in the 2.Votto has the ability to post numbers something like this.320avg.35hrs.100rbis. or more.Vottos D isnt has good as Heltons but it isnt bad.he plays good but not gold glove caliber D.His bat will make up for anything his glove fails for whatever team hes on.

Cueto does compare to Pedro in his stature and his pitching style.They both are short power pitchers.His K rate isnt quite as high as Pedros was but his BBs are down compared to Pedros.Not saying he will be has good as Pedro but he could be.

Archived