Bullpen:

Britton Long Relief/Spot Starter

Matusz LR/MR

O'Day MR

Strop MR

J.P. Howell MR/SU**

Lyon SU**

Johnson CP

Not sure if they are unrestricted FA's or just Arb-eligible guys...the list I used for available FAs apparently included a few Arb-eligible guys...

If we cannot get Hamilton for LF, I would be in favor of signing Swisher and playing him there most days, using McLouth to fill in or even platoon...Swisher could also play RF, 1B, or DH...McLouth can play all OF plus DH and be a viable leadoff...

I think this would be an excellent team, even better than this year...

Use Reimold and some of the middle tier young pitchers/prospects (aka Hoes) to bring in Butler if possible...

What happened to Tillman and Gonzo?

What happened to Tillman and Gonzo?

If we signed Sanchez, I would guess Saunders wouldn't be brought back. It probally go something like..

1. Sanchez

2. Hammel

3. Chen

4. Gonzo

5. Tillman

But, we know Sanchez wn't happen, since Angelos doesn't believe in giving a pitcher 5 year deals.

If we signed Sanchez, I would guess Saunders wouldn't be brought back. It probally go something like..

1. Sanchez

2. Hammel

3. Chen

4. Gonzo

5. Tillman

But, we know Sanchez wn't happen, since Angelos doesn't believe in giving a pitcher 5 year deals.

I don't think DD is keen on that idea, either.

Arbitration raises, raises to Jones and Markakis etc.

I get that. But again, without the 25 mil, does that mean they were going to have to look into trading those guys to cut payroll? Say we're at 95 mil when the arb cases are said and done, without the 25 mil extra, the O's would have had to cut the payroll to 70 million? The extra 25 million + the 7-10 million they earned from playoff revenue, has to be used just to keep the team intact, and not used to raise payroll to improve? MASN in essence makes the Orioles no money? I find all this hard to believe.

I get that. But again, without the 25 mil, does that mean they were going to have to look into trading those guys to cut payroll? Say we're at 95 mil when the arb cases are said and done, without the 25 mil extra, the O's would have had to cut the payroll to 70 million? The extra 25 million + the 7-10 million they earned from playoff revenue, has to be used just to keep the team intact, and not used to raise payroll to improve? MASN in essence makes the Orioles no money? I find all this hard to believe.

I am not saying any of that. I was just saying that is where the 25 million increase he was alluding to was coming from.

I am not saying any of that. I was just saying that is where the 25 million increase he was alluding to was coming from.

I know you weren't. Wasn't implying you were. I'm just trying to understand why the O's can't take advantage of the extra revenue, but other teams can.

MLB Trade Rumors – Billy Butler to Baltimore Orioles?

November 15, 2012 06:35 PM EST

Baltimore was perhaps the biggest surprise in the 2012 MLB season, and the team is looking to continue the momentum they built this year with a strong winter. The Orioles are looking to add a couple bats this off-season, especially at first base and DH.

The latest rumor from Paul Hagen has suggested the team is looking to add Billy Butler from Kansas City. Butler was on the trading block last season but remained in KC for the entire year, but his future salary demands will have the Royals looking to make a move to acquire some younger and cheaper talent, and that could benefit the Orioles and their need for more power.

Butler is just 26 years of age, but after hitting 48 homers and driving in over 200 runs in the last two years, his demand is becoming very high. Kansas City could use some pitching help, and Baltimore has a couple of quality youngsters on the farm, making this deal one that could help both clubs.

With the MLB winter meetings just around the corner, look for several players to find a new home, and Butler is one youngster that could play his baseball in a different city in 2013.

We still seem to be in on Butler

Archived