Matt Hobgood - is there hope? (No, there is not. Indy League bound.)

McLovin

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting to me how the O's are using Hobgood. When they announced he'd pitch in relief this year, I assumed he'd be relegated to one inning outings for a while. Instead, he's thrown 7 innings in 3 appearances. I wonder if they'll have him start some games in the second half if he appears healthy.

It's interesting to me how the O's are using Hobgood. When they announced he'd pitch in relief this year, I assumed he'd be relegated to one inning outings for a while. Instead, he's thrown 7 innings in 3 appearances. I wonder if they'll have him start some games in the second half if he appears healthy.

Yeah, I don't know. But I am happy to see the results he is getting in the bullpen at Delmarva.

It will be interesting how long they keep him in Delmarva if he is continues with these scoreless outings.

I think his overall stuff and how he feels after outings are more important than results, but if he is getting close to what we thought he was, then he should show that he is simply too good for the Low A.

IMO, it will be difficult to treat him with kid gloves all year if he is dishing 94 with other quality pitches and good command.

I think that if he continues to do well they will have a choice to make. Start to stretch him out as a starter in Delmarva or keep him in the pen and promote him.

I think that's right. Personally, I'd rather get him to Frederick than have him starting games. I'd leave him in his current role at Delmarva through May, then promote him if things are still going well. I could even see a further promotion to Bowie before the year is over if he has success at Frederick for a month or two. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

I think that's right. Personally, I'd rather get him to Frederick than have him starting games. I'd leave him in his current role at Delmarva through May, then promote him if things are still going well. I could even see a further promotion to Bowie before the year is over if he has success at Frederick for a month or two. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Yep, that is where I am at as well.

Archived