Matt Hobgood - is there hope? (No, there is not. Indy League bound.)

McLovin

Of course it's encouraging and hearing "hitting 95" is also encouraging. I don't know how you couldn't be. Still, he's a got a long way to go before anyone goes from "encouraged" to "excited". I'm certainly rooting for him big time. Again, I don't see how any Oriole fan wouldn't feel the same.

If he is doing this at Frederick or at Bowie I will become pleased with his progress.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're not pleased that he's got 10 shutout innings at Delmarva after missing 2 years?

I'm not going to speak for Weams, but to me I'm just not anywhere close to being too excited about any of this yet. I'd say that I'm intrigued... definitely intrigued. But Delmarva is not a good barometer for how effective he could be throughout the year vs. tougher competition, IMO. I will say, the start to his year has definitely pleasantly surprised me. So there, I said it... I guess I'm pleased. ;)

Yeah, that's all I'm saying. I said earlier that I would need to see and hear more to get "excited" about it but I don't see how anyone wouldn't be pleased with what he's done so far. He's got a long way to go to for anyone to have a real belief that he's going to make a significant contribution to the ML team someday but this is the first step and so far, so good.

Great first step. Better than I thought would be the result of major shoulder surgery. I expected a result more similar to Dan Klein.

You're not pleased that he's got 10 shutout innings at Delmarva after missing 2 years?

Oh sure. It's great. I was referring to having a shot at a major league career. And doing what he is doing now at those levels will determine that.

Tough crowd. I am pleased. More than pleased. I can not think that anyone could of expected him to start this clean after not pitching in so long.

Archived