Steroids, the effect......

pactman12

I know a lot of people on here have a strong opinion on the Mitchell Report. Whether you think it is valid, useful, professional, true, etc. ......

With so many Orioles on the Report, I am worried about the things it says and I wanted to check out some of the stuff for myself. I decided to look at the details of the Clemens report. This is directly from the report:

Clemens report

It claims that Clemens was injected around mid June of 1998, it doesn't give an exact day or week for 2000, but it does state that it was in the latter part of the season.

With this info known, I wanted to see what kind of effects it had on Clemens, and to tell you the truth, I was somewhat shocked.

1998:

During March, April and May of 1998, Clemens was 5-6 with an ERA around 3.5

His K/9 were 9 with ZERO CGs and ZERO SOs.

After he allegedly began taking roids, his stats looked like this:

15-0, ERA of 2.33 and 11 Ks per 9. He had 5 CGs and 3 SOs.

I have never been big on saying that steroids or HGH can help someone that much, but after looking at these numbers I have to rethink that.

I posted this for people like me who think that this stuff doesn't do that much. It completely changed Clemens from a solid pitcher to the best pitcher in the majors.

As much as I wanna believe Brob when he claims they didn't really do anything for him, I still have trouble buying that. :rolleyes:

They only thing that i do not like about the Mitchell Report is the fact that people arent on there that we know did Steroids:

Where is Mark Mcguire, Sammy Sosa, Rafeal Palmerio,Guerillmo Mota,Ken Caminitti,Jim Leyritz.

So i mean some of these guys we know did it cause they admitted it or where suspended for it. Trust me look them up, then you all will say well we knew it why would it be in there. So that the credibilty is shown we knew they did it so why cant it be proven in there. Also for that argument Jose Canseco was in the report and we knew it did it. So why they werent in there i dont know, i really dont care cause only like a couple of the players in that Report mean anything and are playing right now.

They only thing that i do not like about the Mitchell Report is the fact that people arent on there that we know did Steroids:

Where is Mark Mcguire, Sammy Sosa, Rafeal Palmerio,Guerillmo Mota,Ken Caminitti,Jim Leyritz.

So i mean some of these guys we know did it cause they admitted it or where suspended for it. Trust me look them up, then you all will say well we knew it why would it be in there. So that the credibilty is shown we knew they did it so why cant it be proven in there. Also for that argument Jose Canseco was in the report and we knew it did it. So why they werent in there i dont know, i really dont care cause only like a couple of the players in that Report mean anything and are playing right now.

/sigh

It's a report. Not a comprehensive list of everyone who every took steroids. The players listed weren't associated with steroids through the people connected in the investigation (i.e. Radomski (sp?), Bigbie, Grimsley, the Clemens trainer guy, BALCO, etc.). Unless there was some connection to those sources used in the Mitchell Report, they aren't going to be in the report.

/sigh

It's a report. Not a comprehensive list of everyone who every took steroids. The players listed weren't associated with steroids through the people connected in the investigation (i.e. Radomski (sp?), Bigbie, Grimsley, the Clemens trainer guy, BALCO, etc.). Unless there was some connection to those sources used in the Mitchell Report, they aren't going to be in the report.

That might be a defense of it, but it doesn't justify it. Bud knew exactly what the media was gonna do with it. It's not like, "Ooops! Looks what happened?!? Everybody misunderstands what it means! Let's make sure nobody gets the wrong idea!" Nope. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It's got player names plastered all over TV, just like intended, but not a peep about the Commish and the owners having looked the other way forever. Mitchell never grilled them, did he. Never asked them what they knew and when, with federal agents in the room threatening prosecution. Never asked Steinbrenner why he was paying a 44-year-old pitcher more than $1M per start. 'Never asked the Giants owner why he was buying bigger hats and bigger shoes for Barry every year. 'Never had federal agents in the room saying threatening things while he asked those kinds questions... because he never asked those kinds of questions. IMO, this is somewhat similar to grilling the Watergate burglars but, ooops, we forgot to put Nixon's staff under oath. Just because you might be naming people who are guilty, that doesn't mean it's not rigged.

Archived