Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

I think his call up will be determined not only by readiness...But effectiveness/ Injuries. I think the Orioles will delay his call up as long as possible and I personally dont think you see him until after the break.

As money cautious as the O's appear to be combined with the prices FA SP is getting, if the O's struggle next year no way Bundy is brought up before August. The extra service time will be like gold to them. Just my opinion.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Todd Van Poppel should be close to his induction ceremonies in Cooperstown, if hype got you inducted.

He would be in Cooperstown if throwing a ball fast made you a good pitcher. As it turns out, you need movement on your fastball, and secondary pitches in order to be a successful pitcher. He was the definition of a thrower, not a pitcher.

I get your premise though. Nothing is certain with prospects.

I don't want to trade Bundy. But saying that, if Bundy could be part of a package to get Stanton then I'll drive him to the Airport myself. Stanton is a legitimate MOO who is already a super star. He would make the Orioles a legitimate contender this year and in the future.

Bundy is a tremendous pitching prospect, but he's a prospect, not a sure thing. On top of it, the Orioles have some organizational starting pitching depth, but not much when it comes to potential MOOs. At the end of the day, no one wants to trade their young starting pitching, but if he can bring back a player of Stanton's caliber I think you make that trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Marlins are going to move Stanton regardless of the smoke.

I don't want to trade Bundy. But saying that, if Bundy could be part of a package to get Stanton then I'll drive him to the Airport myself. Stanton is a legitimate MOO who is already a super star. He would make the Orioles a legitimate contender this year and in the future.

Bundy is a tremendous pitching prospect, but he's a prospect, not a sure thing. On top of it, the Orioles have some organizational starting pitching depth, but not much when it comes to potential MOOs. At the end of the day, no one wants to trade their young starting pitching, but if he can bring back a player of Stanton's caliber I think you make that trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Marlins are going to move Stanton regardless of the smoke.

I agree on all counts ...Rep although you dont need it:D.

He's worth so much more than that. This is a fantasy scenario.

So is Holland/Profar/Olt/Perez that tryptimine heard the Rangers are willing to part with, just the other way. The truth is somewhere in the middle if the Marlins are indeed willing to trade Stanton and all this isn't a charade. Sure, the Orioles can't compete prospect-for-prospect with organizations that are currently in better shape. That doesn't mean they can't offer Bundy as a starting point and see if it leads anywhere reasonable.

So is Holland/Profar/Olt/Perez that tryptimine heard the Rangers are willing to part with, just the other way. The truth is somewhere in the middle if the Marlins are indeed willing to trade Stanton and all this isn't a charade. Sure, the Orioles can't compete prospect-for-prospect with organizations that are currently in better shape. That doesn't mean they can't offer Bundy as a starting point and see if it leads anywhere reasonable.

I agree and it depends on Miami coveting the best prospect in baseball. Still a big "if" the Orioles would be willing to part with Bundy.

Trading Bundy for Stanton would be a perfect way for the Orioles to address one of their biggest needs without compromising their future. I would offer the Marlins Bundy / Reimold or Avery for Stanton / Nolasco. Nolasco's contract is tough to swallow ($11M), but it's only one year and would negate the need to sign Saunders. Good trade for both teams.

You would hurt the team trading Bundy. That alone wouldn't be enough. IMO

You would hurt the team trading Bundy. That alone wouldn't be enough. IMO

You can't say that with 100% certainty. Bundy is a great prospect, but right now thats all he is. Stanton helps the team. Getting a 23 year old thats already a stud and under control for 4 more years for a prospect should be a no-brainer. The organization has nothing close to Stanton in their system. Gausman is on par with Bundy.

As others have said, offer Bundy.

Stanton is the big bat we need and we've got the pitching depth to deal with his loss. Losing Bundy would hurt, obviously, but we'd be setting ourselves up to be one of the best teams in the division for the next three years.

I'd love to hear DD move aggressively on this.

The O's can't replace Bundy. We need pitching. Trading

Bundy now would do more harm to the team. Stanton is

a great player. But IMO pitching is more important for

the O's.

You can't say that with 100% certainty. Bundy is a great prospect, but right now thats all he is. Stanton helps the team. Getting a 23 year old thats already a stud and under control for 4 more years for a prospect should be a no-brainer. The organization has nothing close to Stanton in their system. Gausman is on par with Bundy.

Which again boils down to Bundy for Stanton being fair. But we would need to give up more than Bundy to get Stanton.

2 Top 20's, a Top 100 and a pitcher entering Arb who profiles as a mid rotation guy with #2 upside. That's an incredible package, but it seems about fair value for Stanton. The rangers are apparently light on Olt.

I doubt the Marlins actually GET a package like this for Stanton, although Profar, Holland, Olt seems about right. Profar clearly is a better prospect than Hech, but having Hechavara in the system doesn't really leave them with a hole at SS. If I'm the Marlins, it really depends on how much I like Olt and Schoop respectively, as I'd value Bundy pretty far above Profar, despite how much I like Profar as a prospect.

Now if it was Machado + Bundy straight up for Stanton, I think we win in a landslide, although I don't know if I pull the trigger on that.

Archived