MLB.tv - Best time to buy?

mi_oriolesfan

I waited and bought mlb.tv premium over father's day weekend last year. They ran a special for $49.95. That gives you more than 60% of the season for less than 40% of the full season price.

Assuming they run this special again, it's easily the best deal if you don't mind missing the early part of the season.

The premium is definitely worth the higher price though. And that wasn't the product that sold for that price.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The premium is definitely worth the higher price though. And that wasn't the product that sold for that price.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest, but yes sir it absolutely was. I was able to watch any game, on any device - mobile or otherwise - subject to blackout rules in the Dallas market.

It was a helluva deal and I plan on holding out for it again this season.

See this roku forum for the details of the offer last year.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest, but yes sir it absolutely was. I was able to watch any game, on any device - mobile or otherwise - subject to blackout rules in the Dallas market.

It was a helluva deal and I plan on holding out for it again this season.

See this roku forum for the details of the offer last year.

Wow. I am surprised then. My bad. I'd say holding out was of value to you.

Has anyone had any issues with MLB.TV?

I dont see the need to spend $150/month for cable when I can pretty much stream/download everything I need.

There have always been issues MLB.TV. It's not perfect but it's great.

Of course, if you're asking should you pay for the official service instead of illegally pirating the information... only you can make that decision.

There have always been issues MLB.TV. It's not perfect but it's great.

Of course, if you're asking should you pay for the official service instead of illegally pirating the information... only you can make that decision.

I plan on donating $130 to MLB.... but as far as the movie studios.... :vader:

The higher/more cosntant your bandwith, the less the problems.

Got a new TV that has an ethernet cord right into the router. I always get pretty smooth pictures streaming Hulu Plus and Netflix as well as other apps.

Got a new TV that has an ethernet cord right into the router. I always get pretty smooth pictures streaming Hulu Plus and Netflix as well as other apps.

You should be good then. I think it runs at a constant 500kpbs. It's a little frustrating when I'm out and running it on my 3G/iphone. But even that usually isn't too bad.

Just go ahead and buy it. It's a better deal than MLB Extra Innings and you can watch it on various devices: phones, tablets, pc's, laptops, TV's via Roku or AppleTV. Anywhere, anytime! The picture is good as long as you have a speedy internet connection.

If you live in the MASN area and want to see the O's, forget it. MLB.tv is not for you. You'll be blacked out all the time. Its worth it if you want to watch baseball in general, or live out of market.

Good point! I get blacked out when they are in town playing the enemy.

Edit: I realize how that sounded.

If you live in the MASN area and want to see the O's, forget it. MLB.tv is not for you. You'll be blacked out all the time. Its worth it if you want to watch baseball in general, or live out of market.

Are you saying that since I live in Baltimore I can not watch Os games on MLB.TV?

That sounds odd, couldn't I just watch the opposing teams feed!?

Are you saying that since I live in Baltimore I can not watch Os games on MLB.TV?

That sounds odd, couldn't I just watch the opposing teams feed!?

Nope. Any game involving a team in that region is blacked out by all feeds.

It's BS that you get charged in February for ST games. That should be free, especially when you've been a subscriber for years. I'm going to cancel until the season starts.

Nope. Any game involving a team in that region is blacked out by all feeds.

It's BS that you get charged in February for ST games. That should be free, especially when you've been a subscriber for years. I'm going to cancel until the season starts.

So how do you watch Oriole games without a local cable sub? arghhh

Archived