MLB.tv - Best time to buy?

mi_oriolesfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So how do you watch Oriole games without a local cable sub? arghhh

You pretty much can't unless you don't mind frequenting some seedier sites to find a stream. Also I think there are ways to spoof your IP address so MLB.tv doesn't recognize where you live, but both of those suggestions are illegal so uh... don't do it.

Nope. Any game involving a team in that region is blacked out by all feeds.

It's BS that you get charged in February for ST games. That should be free, especially when you've been a subscriber for years. I'm going to cancel until the season starts.

Doesn't that only apply if you have a monthly plan? I'm pretty sure ST is part of the yearly fee.

So how do you watch Oriole games without a local cable sub? arghhh

Go to the game or pay for cable. In other words, if you live their pre-determined area, you need to give them money directly. If you live outside their pre-determined area.... you can see the games but you still have to give them money.

It's not exactly the most rational or logical restriction in our day in age. As I said earlier in the thread, people have been clamoring for years that MLB overhauls their entire thinking and strategy with regards to blackouts.

I assume that blackouts are due to pressure from the cable companies, similar to why you have to have an HBO subscription through a cable provider to access HBO Go. Sporting events are a huge selling point for cable, and one of the primary reasons people pay for subscriptions. I don't really think you'll see them revamp blackout restrictions any time soon. More likely, you'll see a push for cable providers to come out with their own streaming apps and services.

You can go back and watch any game at any point in the season, correct? Thought about getting the Spring Training package for that reason..thanks

Yes, Blackouts are only in effect for LIVE events. No one has a blackout on archive or re-airs. MLB.TV has archives of every game and they are normally uploaded within a few hours after the end of the game.

• 3 months later...

Archived