Jim Johnson Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Johnson is as bad as Strop at this point. One pitch a fastball that he can't control and doesn't sink. Buck is to blame for this. A bunch of left handers coming in so bring in Matusz. No excuse to intentional walking Can when JJ can't throw strikes.

Remind me who lost Thursday night's game....

I think it should be more matchup based. I don't think you have to completely remove him from the role, pick your spots. Like VATECH said they had a bunch of lefties where you could of used Matusz.

There are no clean or easy innings. Doesn't matter the opponent. He's going to find a way to put 1-2 men on base in a 1-2 run ball game. I think a HS team would find a way to get 2 men on base at this point. This obviously will bite the Os the more games he pitches in 9th innings to close games. Really sad...

These problems are cause and effect. Starting pitchers not pitching deep so there's over use of the bullpen and continuous close games which set up for much more chance of what happened tonight. This really limits Bucks flexibility but it's definitely something he is going to have to look into.. JJ just doesn't throw strikes. With all that being said our offense lost the game tonight.

I have a feeling Buck WILL actually make a change this time. Not permanent, perhaps. I'd still bet on Johnson having the most saves the rest of the way. But I will be very surprised if Johnson pitches in the next save situation.

Archived