Why I like Nick Markakis - BB

BoltonBob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because you said that Roberts cheated Hairston, that's what it has to do with it.

Claiming that Roberts "cheated" Hariston is like claiming that a small-time hood "cheated" a drug trafficker.

It's, plain, simple, and direct. Hairston did PED's, hence any claim that he himself was cheated is absurd.

You can cheat and be cheated at the same time. Both men had poor morals they did not follow the standards of right behavior.

Throwing a golf club on a golf course is inappropriate.

Kicking your ball on to the fairway out of the rough is "cheating."

Altering your score in a money game is really bad news. Really bad.

Yes it is. Roberts cheated though. Like Curt Schilling and Tom Verducci say, (whose views on this matter I agree with) they cheated. Do cheaters deserve any recognition? No they don't, because they cheated.

Yes it is. Roberts cheated, though. Like Curt Schilling and Tom Verducci say, (whose views on this matter I agree with) they cheated. Do cheaters deserve any recognition? No they don't, because they cheated.

Which is exactly what I said about Hairston, but you continue to refute.

Well now we just hit the inevitable death to all these threads. Tolerance of PED's.

Yes. By your unyielding pure black-and-white "logic" anyone who condones the use of ibuprofen is exactly the same as someone who shoots up magic state-of-the-art steroids and hides them with masking agents and pays people off to pass tests. They're both cheaters.

I think Hairston and Roberts both cheated each other. I believe you can cheat and be cheated at the same time. That is where I stand on that.

You don't "stand" anywhere.

You make assertions, and when other posters make points that refute your claims, you start talking out of both sides of your mouth, as you did with Hairston.

You don't "stand" anywhere.

You make assertions, and when other posters make points that refute your claims, you start talking out of both sides of your mouth, as you did with Hairston.

I disagree naturally because I'm a no tolerance fan when it comes to PED's.

I also want to to say that I have zero respect for cheats on the field accomplishments. That does affect and I don't think it should affect they way we look at these guys off the field and their endeavors in life and their overall character. I have no sympathy and love for the pompus, liars and egotists like Braun and ARod. But I am slow to anger and quick to forgive people for making an error in judgement. The guys like Roberts and Everth Cabrera that simply say I'm sorry, I did it and show regret is sincere.

I also want to to say that I have zero respect for cheats on the field accomplishments. That does affect and I don't think it should affect they way we look at these guys off the field and their endeavors in life and their overall character. I have no sympathy and love for the pompus, liars and egotists like Braun and ARod. But I am slow to anger and quick to forgive people for making an error in judgement. The guys like Roberts and Everth Cabrera that simply say I'm sorry, I did it and show regret is sincere.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey in this jumbled mess of a paragraph. I mainly wanted to note that a guy owning up to using 'roids doesn't necessarily meant they're regretful, OR sincere. It's pretty common practice to own up to something when you get busted, as a way of moving on from it. Yep, I did it, lets get on with life.

I also want to to say that I have zero respect for cheats on the field accomplishments.

I count Ken Griffey Jr as the all time home run champ, since Bonds was on 'roids, Ruth illegally abused alcohol during Prohibition, Mays and Aaron were on greenies, and Arod on the 'roids, too. But I am perfectly willing to adjust down to Thome or Frank or Killebrew (or whomever down the list was totally 100% legal and clean) if/when it comes out that Griffey used.

I count Ken Griffey Jr as the all time home run champ, since Bonds was on 'roids, Ruth illegally abused alcohol during Prohibition, Mays and Aaron were on greenies, and Arod on the 'roids, too. But I am perfectly willing to adjust down to Thome or Frank or Killebrew (or whomever down the list was totally 100% legal and clean) if/when it comes out that Griffey used.
Griffey did his best in Seattle where there is a Starbucks on every corner. Obviously Jr. got an unfair edge from all the caffeine.

Archived