Why I like Nick Markakis - BB

BoltonBob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a revealing post.

You didn't say a word about it in your post on the previous page.

Since you're "clearing things up," it would be nice if you included all relevant information, which you didn't.

You missed the point. Refute the original point I made which included, Roberts cheated Hairston.

Well now we just hit the inevitable death to all these threads. Tolerance of PED's.

For crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolerance of PEDs, you want a big white towel to cry on.

Seriously?

You have guys like A-Shame, Bonds, Braun, Canseco, McGwire, Sosa all of them known PEDs abusers for years.

You want to lump in B-Rob into this same class? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Went I went to school, we had potheads that smoked weed, before school, at school, after school, its what they did.

There was others that I went to school with, that tried the stuff, one time to see what the big deal was.

So do you now label them as "pot heads" since they did a single joint?

For crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolerance of PEDs, you want a big white towel to cry on.

Seriously?

You have guys like A-Shame, Bonds, Braun, Canseco, McGwire, Sosa all of them known PEDs abusers for years.

You want to lump in B-Rob into this same class? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Went I went to school, we had potheads that smoked weed, before school, at school, after school, its what they did.

There was others that I went to school with, that tried the stuff, one time to see what the big deal was.

So do you now label them as "pot heads" since they did a single joint?

Don't label them as potheads. Anybody who uses weed is a user of an illegal substance. That settles that. PED's is cheating. No cheater stands on higher morale ground than another cheater as it pertains to their accomplishments and respect for the game. Tolerance of PED's will kill this thread and it will prevent baseball from cleaning up the sport more importantly.

You missed the point. Refute the original point I made which included, Roberts cheated Hairston.

No, I didn't miss the point. Nice try.

He specifically highlighted Hairston, which is what he (and I) were replying to. You stated that Roberts cheated Hairston, another poster stated that Hairston was a PED user himself, and then you stomped like a child about being made to look bad, hence your "Terrible post" comment.

When you are claiming that someone is cheating another person, the behavior of the "victim" of the cheating is very relevant. You said nothing of it (Hairston's PED use), and another poster pointed that out.

Don't label them as potheads. Anybody who uses weed is a user of an illegal substance. That settles that. PED's is cheating. No cheater stands on higher morale ground than another cheater as it pertains to their accomplishments and respect for the game. Tolerance of PED's will kill this thread and it will prevent baseball from cleaning up the sport more importantly.

Sorry, when I was growing up, we called them pot heads.

Honest people make mistakes, they reflect and learn from it.

Nobody is perfect.

To label somebody who makes a single mistake as "cheater", well, you might want to label 100% of the population as cheaters than, using that yard stick.

No, I didn't miss the point. Nice try.

He specifically highlighted Hairston, which is what he (and I) were replying to. You stated that Roberts cheated Hairston, another poster stated that Hairston was a PED user himself, and then you stomped like a child about being made to look bad, hence your "Terrible post" comment.

When you are claiming that someone is cheating another person, the behavior of the "victim" of the cheating is very relevant. You said nothing of it (Hairston's PED use), and another poster pointed that out.

What does Hairston's behavior have to do with Robert's behavior? Hairston is another man. What does Hairston cheating have to do with Roberts cheating? I hate this type of logic. All men are their own man with the ability to say screw it, I'm my own man.

Sorry, when I was growing up, we called them pot heads.

Honest people make mistakes, they reflect and learn from it.

Nobody is perfect.

To label somebody who makes a single mistake as "cheater", well, you might want to label 100% of the population as cheaters than, using that yard stick.

It's more than a mistake, it's complete lack of a code of conduct and ethics as a man.

That is just crazy talk. Do you equate someone who once drove 60 mph on a 55 mph road with someone who routinely drives 90 mph? Everything is a matter of degree. I don't condone even one-time use of PED's, but to say that a one-time user is on the same moral ground as a repeated long-term user makes no sense at all.

Well, in 2004, 8 years after the 50 HR season, Palmer sure had a strange way of declaring he had no knowledge of Anderson using.

"I like Brady, and it doesn't mean he's a bad guy because he took steroids. But I'm sure he wanted to enhance his performance.

Same article, so I guess context is the case.

What does Hairston's behavior have to do with Robert's behavior? Hairston is another man. What does Hairston cheating have to do with Roberts cheating? I hate this type of logic. All men are their own man with the ability to say screw it, I'm my own man.

Because you said that Roberts cheated Hairston, that's what it has to do with it.

Claiming that Roberts "cheated" Hariston is like claiming that a small-time hood "cheated" a drug trafficker in a deal gone bad.

It's, plain, simple, and direct. Hairston did PED's, hence any claim that he himself was cheated is absurd.

I am having a real hard time understanding you point of view.

Archived