Arrieta and Tillman are almost unbearable to watch when they're not on their games

Frobby

Arrieta really drives me crazy... sometimes his stuff looks unhittable... other times it looks literally unhittable. He will be cruising along and then pow, 4 runs... It is maddening. He should be better than he is and I fear he will never be better than he is.

Its possible he just doesnt pitch well with arm fatigue. His usually starts throwing some really flat pitches after 3 or 4 innings.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That third inning just now was a perfect example of how aggravating Arrieta can be. He's his own worst enemy. Glad he only allowed one run, but he practically assured himself another early exit. Sigh. Maybe he can still get through six.

That third inning just now was a perfect example of how aggravating Arrieta can be. He's his own worst enemy. Glad he only allowed one run, but he practically assured himself another early exit. Sigh. Maybe he can still get through six.

That's how you know he's good trade bait...once in awhile he gets on a streak where the stats look pretty good, but he had some shaky innings that you would only see by not just looking at the stats...hopefully someone looks just at the numbers when he goes on a hot streak and doesn't notice this, and then trade him away for as much as you can get...

Uh oh, a 4 pitch lead-off walk in the 5th...here we go...:(

then a pitch that was 2 yards outside...now a beaned batter...

What's the over/under on runs scored on Arrieta this inning with this info? I'll set the O/U at 2.5 runs...

So far he's let two in...one more and the "over" takes it...nice job Jake, a four pitch walk, a HBP, another walk, and a base hit on a hanging breaking pitch down the middle...

Way to erase all the good you did in 3 of the first 4 innings...wish we could go back to the winter meetings and get a starter or two and have traded Tillman and Arrieta for just about anything...Tillman would have brought in something pretty nice...not anymore. Arrieta would have been a good idea to trade at the deadline last year...

Im certain I have lost at least 3 years of my life watching him pitch. Its hard to believe hes now 27 years old and he can't throw strikes, or anything remotely close to strikes, to the 8 and 9 hitters, with a 3 runs lead. There can't be many more frustrating players in all of sports than this dude. They cant keep throwing this nightmare out there. Its not fair to the pen, its not fair to the defense, its not fair to the team. My remote control fund is blown already

kevin-pie.gif

So far he's let two in...one more and the "over" takes it...nice job Jake, a four pitch walk, a HBP, another walk, and a base hit on a hanging breaking pitch down the middle...

Way to erase all the good you did in 3 of the first 4 innings...wish we could go back to the winter meetings and get a starter or two and have traded Tillman and Arrieta for just about anything...Tillman would have brought in something pretty nice...not anymore. Arrieta would have been a good idea to trade at the deadline last year...

Arrieta and Tillman are not in the same conversation.. Rough start thus far for Chris, but he's had some success recently. A lot of it.

Archived