Josh Stinson in Baltimore Will start Wed game.

BaltimoreO's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an emergency start. No more. No less. Someone else will get that slot next time around UNLESS he's lights out with chances of that minimal.

True. This reminds me of Chris Waters coming up for an emergency spot start a few years ago (and pitching a great game). Although if I remember correctly that was much later in the season. And it was during dark times when there was no such thing as hope for Oriole fans.

Really sad, with all the talk of our pitching depth we have to give a start to a guy wth a career >1.5 WHIP at AAA

And we signed zero veteran depth because???

This is how long losing streaks get started. Dickey, Stinson, and a 10 game west coast road trip.

It didn't start with Dickey, so you'll have to wait at least until tomorrow.

They want to see if he is worthy of a 40-man spot. Everything I have read is blah, so let's see what they see.

Who would you rather pitch-Jake or this guy? Let's see what the kid has...

Everything you have read is "Blah"? What did you hope to see? We have a scouting report here, we have some discussion about the guy going...Im interested to know what you thought, or hoped, may be here.

"lets see what the kid has"

Interesting idea. I think we'll do that. In fact, Im fairly certain we can talk about his start on a message board AND watch him. I wont be able to confirm until tomorrow evening.

Freddy Garcia had his second consecutive good outing for the AAA-Tides.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/131621-Freddy-Garcia-Today-2013?p=3096314#post3096314

If Stinson pitches poorly tomorrow, Garcia might get his chance when the spot comes up again. He's getting close to his opt out date. Also may depend on how Jake looks in his next start at Norfolk, but they may want to give Jake a little more time to work on things regardless. We'll see.

Archived