Strop needs to go.

NewMarketSean

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the last time that you see Strop pitch in an Orioles uniform. Buck walked out in a hurry (like he did with Arrieta) and said something positive even though he was ticked. Been good to know you Strop. By the way, this is why you trade relief pitching for everyday players or quality prospects. They rise and fall from year to year.

Barring a comeback, this loss is on Buck's head. He left Hammel in a hitter too long (he should have been removed after Callaspo's single; at that point he was at 100 pitches), and obviously he brought the wrong guy in to face a game situation.

Going back further, the big mistake in my view was bringing Strop straight back to the majors after his trip to the DL, rather than letting him work on things at Norfolk for a couple of weeks. I don't know whether that decision was made by Buck or by Duquette, but in any case we now have a reliever that isn't useable in game situations, but who has good enough raw stuff and enough success in the past that you might not want to just dump him.

Giving Strop another chance is one thing but why in the world would you bring him in in that situation??? Bases just about full, bring the guy in who is having control issues?? Man, this one is all on Buck. Terrible managing.

I do not understand why we use Strop!!! O'day and Hunter weren't used yesterday, and they are actually doing well, Strop has sucked so why bring him in? I say we ship him out and give Britton or someone else down there a spot in the bullpen.

This years Hammel's is not last year 1-hit almost no-no Hammel.He was at 100 pitches 2 batters into the 6th.I think Williams was at 73 pitches.

Wrong. Hammel pitched 6 complete innings and was at about 96 pitches through six. Williams was at 90 pitches after 6. Hammel pitched pretty well today; Buck left him in too long and obviously he was victimized by horrible bullpen support.

7th inning NO OUTS 2 on...yeah he was mowing them down.

He pitched well enough to win. Pen blew the 7th inning. Relievers have to do a better job of getting the starters out of trouble. Maybe I am crazy, but a starter gives up two runs with 2 on threw 6 IP and the pen gives up 4 runs (not including the 2 inherited runners) in 1 IP. I can see why Hammel is to blame.

This years Hammel's is not last year 1-hit almost no-no Hammel.He was at 100 pitches 2 batters into the 6th.I think Williams was at 73 pitches.

I don't care about last years Hammel. Today's Hammel pitched well enough to win and the pen blew the game. I do not see why there is so much hate being thrown Hammel's way.

Given that the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up, and, near as I can tell, my office isn't haunted, I have a feeling that not being able to watch today's game is a good thing.

I think the O's should institute a rule whereby the oddity of the angle at which a player wears his hat may only increase with the number of non-sh-tty innings he throws.

Archived