Punk move

bradyrocks

...to pull your best reliever of the season, when he gives up a couple runs in a ballgame well in hand, with one out left, for the guy who has had every opportunity and blown it.

I understand Buck being loyal to his guys (JJ), sometimes to a fault...but thats pretty disrespectful to your best guy, to not trust him for one more out there, just because theres an opportunity to pad Jims stats. Tommy being pissed is justified.

Also, pretty obvious in the first pitch of that at bat to Lind, that he needed a changeup in there somewhere. That stuff happens, but Tommy or Matt need to read that swing.

Great game, but Buck, comeon man...whats your deal with Jim?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...to pull your best reliever of the season, when he gives up a couple runs in a ballgame well in hand, with one out left, for the guy who has had every opportunity and blown it.

I understand Buck being loyal to his guys (JJ), sometimes to a fault...but thats pretty disrespectful to your best guy, to not trust him for one more out there, just because theres an opportunity to pad Jims stats. Tommy being pissed is justified.

Also, pretty obvious in the first pitch of that at bat to Lind, that he needed a changeup in there somewhere. That stuff happens, but Tommy or Matt need to read that swing.

He wouldn't have done it if it was Johnson.

I have to agree! That was just not right.

Seriously, who cares??? We won. Tommy may not have been happy but I'm sure he's already over it.

Some of us want to look at more than wins and losses. You can go and enjoy the win, and pout the losses. We will enjoy the win and also discuss what intrigued us in the game as well, win or lose.

Seriously, who cares??? We won. Tommy may not have been happy but I'm sure he's already over it.

Well, I wouldn't care if Buck was at least consistent, but it does tend to look like he's padding the the closers stats when he brings him in for one out.

He has left Johnson in countless times this year when he looked far shakier than Hunter did tonight only to see us lose the game. Leave one guy in no matter what but everybody else is up for review?

Hunter stunk today. The grass is always greener and everyone's closer needs to be replaced. I don't have a problem with Hunter being replaced but I think someone else could got an out and saved the work on our closer.

Archived