Punk move

bradyrocks

Some of us want to look at more than wins and losses. You can go and enjoy the win, and pout the losses. We will enjoy the win and also discuss what intrigued us in the game as well, win or lose.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you with my post. No need to get so defensive.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People are saying Hunter was angry, on the mound? How did he show his anger?
Who says Tommy was pissed?

I feel like the look on his face pretty well told the world that he was pissed. Maybe i misread it, but i dont think so.

Wouldnt you be pissed if youve lit everyone up all year, have a rough patch with one out to go, only to be pulled for the guy that gets handed the cake money-making opportunities relentlessly, regardless of how much he continues to bomb it. Ever had a job like that? Im sure most of us have.

So when Johnson gives up 3 hits in 4 batters everyone screams at Buck for sticking with him, but when Hunter gives up 3 hits in 4 batters everyone screams at Buck for bringing in the closer who leads the league in saves the last two years...yeah, I am going to go ahead and trust in Buck.

So when Johnson gives up 3 hits in 4 batters everyone screams at Buck for sticking with him, but when Hunter gives up 3 hits in 4 batters everyone screams at Buck for bringing in the closer who leads the league in saves the last two years...yeah, I am going to go ahead and trust in Buck.

Except Hunter had a 5 run cushion coming into the inning. Even with allowing two runs and with a runner on 2nd, even a homerun to the next batter wouldn't have tied the game.

Except Hunter had a 5 run cushion coming into the inning. Even with allowing two runs and with a runner on 2nd, even a homerun to the next batter wouldn't have tied the game.

I guess you are correct - I still would not call this a punk move - more along the line of Can of Corn saying that it was just a manager getting his closer a save.

Isn't that proving Buck is inconsistent? If he had pulled JJ in those situations too then I think the point of this topic would seem more unreasonable.

I feel like the look on his face pretty well told the world that he was pissed. Maybe i misread it, but i dont think so.

Wouldnt you be pissed if youve lit everyone up all year, have a rough patch with one out to go, only to be pulled for the guy that gets handed the cake money-making opportunities relentlessly, regardless of how much he continues to bomb it. Ever had a job like that? Im sure most of us have.

He did look ticked. But I couldn't tell if he was annoyed with Buck for pulling him, or annoyed with himself for not pitching better.

Personally, I would have left him in a little longer, just to keep from having to use JJ. But whatever.

So we don't lose as much anymore but people still need to complain about something.

I can't wait for the threads after the World Series win...

"Buck really pissed me off by pinch running for Davis there... he's been our stud all season and now Buck disrespects him by pulling him out with the game on the line".

:rolleyestf:

Yes. After watching nearly every game this year, yes, thats exactly it. 3 of 4 isnt the same as 3 of 4 when one guy has a sub 2.00era, and the other is personally accountable for at least 5 team losses, as well as our playoffs last year.

Believe it or not, Im a huge Jim Johnson fan...and i still feel this is very undeservedly one sided on Bucks behalf, but what do I know.

Why not Patton for that one out? Against a power lefty? It was about the save, plain and simple. Exactly what Buck promised the fans he WOULDNT focus on when joining this organization, with his famous "win rule" commercials.

I think there would be a different tone if Jim continued his normal ways tonight and blew it all, when lefty on lefty is clearly the BEST chance to win. We may have won, but we did not give ourself the BEST chance right there.

Archived