Bud Norris Today, 2013

OFFNY

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruising with under 100 pitches and Buck pulls him. He had another inning in him. I'd rather keep the BP out of the game as much as possible. Oh well. Hope it doesn't bite them.

With as many bullpen options as we will have in September, I don't mind a starter being pulled an inning early.

Cruising with under 100 pitches, and Buck pulls him. He had another inning in him. I'd rather keep the BP out of the game as much as possible. Oh well. Hope it doesn't bite them.

Actually, Norris was cruising through 6 innings, at 71 pitches ...... but not when Showalter pulled him after the 7th.

In the 7th, Bud threw 21 pitches, gave up a solo home run, a hard-hit single, and just missed giving up a 2-run home run to Jason Giambi on a long-fly ball that landed in the upper deck before he got him to ground out to end the inning.

I was fine with Showalter taking Norris out when he did.

Actually, he was cruising through 6 innings, at 71 pitches ...... but not when Showalter pulled him after the 7th.

In the 7th, Norris threw 21 pitches, gave up a solo home run, a hard-hit single, and just missed giving up a 2-run home run to Jason Giambi on a long-fly ball that landed in the upper deck before he got him to ground out to end the inning.

Yep me too everything is GOOD TODAY ;)

It is amazing that the Indians have managed to as well as they have with their offensive output of late.

Playing the Twins and White Sox 18 times help.

Actually, Norris was cruising through 6 innings, at 71 pitches ...... but not when Showalter pulled him after the 7th.

In the 7th, Bud threw 21 pitches, gave up a solo home run, a hard-hit single, and just missed giving up a 2-run home run to Jason Giambi on a long-fly ball that landed in the upper deck before he got him to ground out to end the inning.

I concur. No complaints about how the game was managed at all. I liked the unusual use of Matusz to pitch the 9th, all of it, vs. both lefty and righty hitters. Keeping Casilla in even after Masterson left was also cool. He owns Masterson, but against the subsequent pitchers he also drew a key walk and hit a hard at'em ball on his last out.

Cruising with under 100 pitches and Buck pulls him. He had another inning in him. I'd rather keep the BP out of the game as much as possible. Oh well. Hope it doesn't bite them.

Well I don't know. O's won is all I care about. So it doesn't bother me that Buck

pulled him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Asked what made Norris effective, Jason Kipnis said: "He had a scheduled start against our offense. That's about it right now."</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">September 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I could live with another couple years of Bud Norris slotted in the #4 spot in the rotation.

Hopefully he won't be asked to do much more but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

He hasn't really been able to get over his front side properly with the back problems he's had. Tough to pitch when you don't have your full range of motion and I doubt he'd make excuses for his prior performances. Today he was finishing much better on his pitches and located well until the 7th when he elevated a few.

Archived