Bud Norris Today, 2013

OFFNY

He got behind a lot and Oakland did a good job battling in their at bats. Bad matchup against 7 lefties. I think he'll continue to be a #4, or what we traded for. Hopefully this is the worst of Bud that we'll see.

One silver lining from tonight ....... in the first 4 innings, he had 7 strikeouts.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was one bad trade. He had the easiest matchups possible until tonight. He's not good. As I noted previously.

Agree a terrible trade. LJ Hoes should be starting for the O's today, tearing it up for Houston hitting .333/.375/.467/.842, Josh Hader is 2-0, and the #33 pick next year. DD gives lip service to wanting players with high OBP and then trades away the first high OBP guy who has come thru the system in decades.

Did we scout Bud Norris. He will be lucky to make it 4 innings if he gets to pitch against the Red Sox or Jays.

Agree a terrible trade. LJ Hoes should be starting for the O's today, tearing it up for Houston hitting .333/.375/.467/.842, Josh Hader is 2-0, and the #33 pick next year. DD gives lip service to wanting players with high OBP and then trades away the first high OBP guy who has come thru the system in decades.

Did we scout Bud Norris. He will be lucky to make it 4 innings if he gets to pitch against the Red Sox or Jays.

Hoes .366 OBA

Markakis .380 OBA

Reimold .373 OBA

Wieters .438 OBA

:scratchchinhmm:

Bud's ERA is a run higher than Feldman's since they both arrived in the AL. Eeesh.

I have been waiting to see people's reaction to Norris when he started getting bombed like Feldman did. Granted I don't think Norris will keep it up. But as shown, Norris is certain of a clunker every once and a while.

I have been waiting to see people's reaction to Norris when he started getting bombed like Feldman did. Granted I don't think Norris will keep it up. But as shown, Norris is certain of a clunker every once and a while.

I didn't think he would have a sub 4 ERA in the AL East. I was hoping he would be better than Hammel, and I don't know if I wouldn't prefer a healthy Hammel instead of Bud. Bud is a number 5 starter, he'll throw 5 innings and a lot of pitches, and sometimes get his doors blown off. He's not the big upside guy that people thought when we acquired him, and I wasn't crazy about getting him. We have way too many back of the rotation types as it stands. I have read that his future is probably in the bullpen, he murders RHB, but LHB just kill him.

4 days later, Hoes OBP is down to .337. It is almost like his .369 BABIP was unsustainable.

DAVID STEFAN NORRIS O (vs. INDIANS, 9/02)

IP:O 7

H:o. 4

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 8 O(TIES SEASON HIGH)

Pitches: 92 (63 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.01 OO 4.27 (ORIOLES) OO 3.93 (ASTROS)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (81 Strikes, 5 Balls)

20 (12 Strikes, 8 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 2 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 1 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls)

71 (71 Strikes, 0 Balls)

21 (13 Strikes, 8 Balls)

Archived