Nick Hasn't Bunted Since 2007?

Rene88

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said he can't/won't. I'm not saying he is refusing, but it has to be one of those two options.

As far as giving him a pass bc his time might be spent better elsewhere, he has been a professional for 11 years now. How long would you say someone needs to be at a job before they are expected to perform all aspects of that job? I don't care if my employee only does that task once a year, if I'm paying him millions of dollars you bet your *** I would expect him to not only know but be good at it after 11 years on the job. I'm not sure why this is such a crazy expectation to some.

1) We don't know if Nick can't bunt.

2) What kind of job do you have where you have to practice some rarely-used skill every single day to keep it sharp in the hopes that you might use it today, for the first time in seven years?

3) Don't you grasp that there are only so many minutes in batting practice and it might be more productive for Nick to figure out why he's not hitting rather than practice giving away outs?

Dude, I watched MASH and Hawkeye was surgically removing bullets from some guy like once every six minutes.

Plus, if Nick fails to get a bunt down the only people who die are internet people.

Combat Medic dude, not surgeon at a field hospital.

They can spend two years handing out condoms then suddenly have to provide emergency care when someone gets hurt.

Blame yourself for asking the question.

Considering the money he is getting paid, it is absurd he doesn't know how/ refuses to bunt. Name another job where you make millions of dollars and can't/won't do a part of the job that you're getting paid to do. Unreal.

You are assuming he has been asked to bunt in other situations. .290 hitters aren't asked to bunt very often.

Nick had one sac bunt attempt in 2012, which failed. Otherwise, no attempts since 2007, and I seriously doubt he was asked to bunt at all in that period. In '06-'07 he attempted 8 and was successful on 4. Major league average is 68%.

Frank Robinson went 13 seasons (1958-1970) without attempting a sacrifice bunt, and that was back when teams bunted a lot more than they do now. I'm not saying that Nick is the hitter Frank was, but you get my point that above average hitters in the middle of the order (which Nick has been for most of his career) aren't asked to bunt a lot.

Dude goes what, 3 for 4, and somebody starts a negative thread about the guy?

SMH

Not only that, but some guy starts a thread saying that the Orioles won't be able win games with the performance that they turned in last night. This is after they WON the game. Huh? What? It just keeps getting nuttier and nuttier around here because people can't control their emotions.

Not only that, but some guy starts a thread saying that the Orioles won't be able win games with the performance that they turned in last night. This is after they WON the game. Huh? What? It just keeps getting nuttier and nuttier around here because people can't control their emotions.

Or, just a troll and wanted to stir the pot.

Archived