General Feeling Leading up to Winter Meetings??

Peace21

In the past the Orioles at this point of the offseason leading up to the Winter Meetings always seemed unprepared and had a unclear gameplan.

With the additions the past couple weeks to the team and the way the FO has layed out the agenda for next weeks meetings. Do you feel any different towards these meetings? Than you have in the past?

I feel a tad more optimistic than in years past.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither optimistic nor pessimistic, but very curious to see what tack our team is going to take. It has been an interesting offseason so far and our guys have had their fingers in a lot of pots, now let'e see what they are going to cook.

One thing I am happy about is that the O's have gotten attention as a team that is on the move and willing to do things to improve. I think we are more interesting to the agents and players than we have been over the last couple of years.

In the past the Orioles at this point of the offseason leading up to the Winter Meetings always seemed unprepared and had a unclear gameplan.

With the additions the past couple weeks to the team and the way the FO has layed out the agenda for next weeks meetings. Do you feel any different towards these meetings? Than you have in the past?

I agree that this year brings more of a focused plan, but at the same time, I can't help but feel that the meetings will net us a player no better than a stop gap player at LF and 1B.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be suprised if that is their "plan".:rolleyes:

One thing I am happy about is that the O's have gotten attention as a team that is on the move and willing to do things to improve. I think we are more interesting to the agents and players than we have been over the last couple of years.
Hmm, I am not so sure that agents and players are more interested in playing for the Orioles. It seems like we made high offers for our free-agent reliever signings, with the possible exception of Bradford.

Lee turned us down pretty quickly, and didn't we see a rumor that said Schmidt and Zito would not play for the Orioles no matter what the offer?

We've got a ways to go before we are a desirable team for free agents.

Pitching especially SP is at a premium. It's going to be a mad game of musical chairs at the winter meetings with not enough quality pitching to fill all the slots. Position players are the primary bargaining chips and it's anyones guess who goes for what. I think we are well prepaired this year and will come away with at least an adequate LF/1B/DH bat. But we could do something surprisingly good depending on who gets left out on the pitching.

Archived