Tanaka To Be Posted

DrinkinWithFermi

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
none of these top pitchers are signing because they know the tanaka deal will drive up their own prices, not reduce them. If we cant afford garza now we certainly wont be able to afford him after tanaka signs.

So, he is actually increasing supply to the market place but the demand will also increase? How does that work? Is that some new economic theory in opposite world?

The law of supply and demand says an increase in supply will lower prices if not accompanied by an increased demand, and an increase in demand will raise prices unless accompanied by increased supply.

Tanaka being posted increases the amount of players by exactly one that will be available for all the teams in the market. And thus the prices shall also decrease.

Consensus - A general agreement

Thats the definition. So yes MLB baseball of which the O's are a part of came to an agreement on how to handle posting and all the teams are bound by it. The Orioles can be against it all they want but they are indeed a part of and bound by the agreement.

What definition of consensus do you like?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not that I like it but my definition of consensus is as follows.....

It is the consensus of Oriole fans that our owner is to risk aversive (nee- CHEAP) to bid on Tanaka.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB spokesman says teams do not have to place a formal $20M bid. They simply must be willing to pay Rakuten $20M if they sign Tanaka.</p>— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) <a href="

">December 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That means any of the 30 teams may negotiate with Tanaka, though he is not required to meet with every team.</p>— Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) <a href="

">December 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm failing to understand why we would not be involved in this bidding. This seems like the perfect guy for us to shoot for as a TOR starter.

Sure, the Orioles can be involved in the bidding, it's free to go to the auto auction - but I am likely not leaving with the Bugatti. The Yankees are going to make this man very very very very very very rich.

See, i would agree with you, but be realistic. Tanaka's pricetag will likely be out of the reach of most teams in the league.

Most teams yes, but the O's are one of the few that could, theoretically, be able to add him, based on what we know of the team's finances and where payroll is currently at.

Most teams yes, but the O's are one of the few that could, theoretically, be able to add him, based on what we know of the team's finances and where payroll is currently at.

I would be okay with an addition of Tanaka and nothing else further. Actually, I'd be ecstatic.

Archived