2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

Dont laugh.Tommy Hunter could be an emergency starter if Tillman is hurt.I told you NOT to laugh.

If he can't get the last three outs what makes them think he can get the first 18?

As for Tillman his TWNTL is still strong. Once again the offense bails him out only to stick the loss on Matusz who didn't allow an earned run.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he can't get the last three outs what makes them think he can get the first 18?

As for Tillman his TWNTL is still strong. Once again the offense bails him out only to stick the loss on Matusz who didn't allow an earned run.

Well, Matusz is well deserving of a loss considering karma is in play. Ubaldo pitched very well, but then Matusz throws a meatball and tie game...ends up getting the win instead of Ubaldo.

Thank's Tillman that's 2 games you cost us.

So whose fault were the other 27?

Not about to pronounce this some cataclysmic return to mediocrity as quickly as you. The guy was good last year, he was pretty good for the first month or two of this season. Right now his velocity is down. It could be mechanics or it could end up being physical in nature. Lets give this some time to play out before passing judgement on the guy. Yeesh

So whose fault were the other 27?

Not about to pronounce this some cataclysmic return to mediocrity as quickly as you. The guy was good last year, he was pretty good for the first month or two of this season. Right now his velocity is down. It could be mechanics or it could end up being physical in nature. Lets give this some time to play out before passing judgement on the guy. Yeesh

Tillman has ask the pen to get 24 outs two times in 15 days.

Tillman has ask the pen to get 24 outs two times in 15 days.

I get that. This is not the norm for him so clearly there is an issue of some sort be it physical, mechanics or mental.

You don't just chuck away or option a guy who has had the success and progression Chris has over the few years. If anything maybe you DL and see if some rest helps.

I find amazing how quickly 2 horrific starts has you willing to just pronounce the league has caught up with him, he was lucky blah blah blah blah but forget that he has been one of the bright spots in that rotation over the past few years. Its reactionary and has no basis statistically. His stats were not as good as last year before these two really bad starts but they were not as skewed as they appear now after those two starts in particular.

How about we see what happens instead making reactionary pronouncements is all I am saying.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tillman, last 2 starts r step forward: "Absolutely. We're getting somewhere. Starting to feel like my old self."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tillman, last 2 starts r step forward: "Absolutely. We're getting somewhere. Starting to feel like my old self."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">June 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He didn't have his best stuff but he wasn't all over the place. His curveball was very poor today which is why there was no strikeouts (well except the one the ump missed).

Archived