Schoop over Flaherty?

Bahama O's Fan

The Iggy list is kinda cute. Better than the Douche Bag list.

Well, I know when I get mad at the general tone of the board I like to threaten to leave for good by announcing so in a thread as a way of voicing my displeasure.

It sure feels good at the time, but then I kinda miss it around here. Then I remember it's a message board and maybe I shouldn't take it so seriously. Sometimes these little talks with myself are so helpful.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I know when I get mad at the general tone of the board I like to threaten to leave for good by announcing so in a thread as a way of voicing my displeasure.

It sure feels good at the time, but then I kinda miss it around here. Then I remember it's a message board and maybe I shouldn't take it so seriously. Sometimes these little talks with myself are so helpful.

I just chuckle and go along with my day.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure you're all figments of my imagination, regardless.

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but have decided to throw a tantrum because I can. Actually I came in late, too, and now I'm just behaving badly. The wife went to work so this is my only chance. :D

Too bad Flash wasn't playing 3B today. That would have been one less run we gave them. And he might even have gotten a hit facing a RHP unlike the other two. I know it's popular ti say he hasn't been hitting, but it's not quite true. the past 14 days:.292 .370 .375 .745 the past 7:.333 .429 .333 .762 . I'd like to see him get some more AB. Whatever by the time Manny returns things will be clear. Either Sccoop wil have continued to hit or he will have cooled off. If he has colled he will most likely go to Norfolk and save the service time. If he is hitting, then the choice is between Lombo and and Flash, and Flash is more useful.

Moose did that once - thankfully he came back (or decided against leaving, I can't remember which). Speaking of Iggy, you could also call it your Stooge list.

Whoever is on third?

I suppose Manny would be back up at third by then, so good point. In that case, I think it would all come back to whether Jon can handle second base. If he can be a decent fielder, and keep his bat hot, I cannot see why you wouldn't keep him up over Flambardozzi. He's the future - and the future is now.

Point is. We don't need Flaherty on the roster solely because he can play SS, because we have two other players, when Manny comes back who can play the position. Even if just for a short period of time. If JJ would be out for an extended period of time and Buck/DD felt moving Manny or playing Schoop at SS wasn't the best idea. They COULD then recall Flaherty from the minors and play him at SS. It's not like we would have no one who has or could play SS before.

Unlike if we were to release Clevenger and have no legitimate backup catcher on the roster and expect someone who has never played the position to do it for multiple days.

Manny will not play shortstop as an injury fill in. If he is ever a Baltimore shortstop, which I doubt, it will be when the job is given to him. My opinion of course. but I bet I am right. Adam Jones would be just as likely. At least he practices there.

Archived