Time to give another starter a chance

FanSince88

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright has averaged less than 6ips per start. If he can't go longer at AAA ...why would you expect it up here? 5 starts 28.1 innings (5.2 innings per start)

How do you know he can't go longer, maybe they have other pitchers they want to get work in and its still early in the season and cold weather?

2.86 ERA, 22 Ks and only 5 Walks which is a good walk to K ratio.

How do you know he can't go longer, maybe they have other pitchers they want to get work in and its still early in the season and cold weather?

2.86 ERA, 22 Ks and only 5 Walks which is a good walk to K ratio.

Because he averaged the same last year. Are really going to argue with the stats? The Os need pitchers pitch 7 innings on 115 pitches. Not training your guys to do that is a horrible approach.

Thinking back to my games visiting Bowie, not sure I ever saw a pitcher go past 6 innings, even when pitching well.

I knew you push me to this

April 9th 5 innings 77 pitches 1 runs

April 14th 5 innings 88 pitches 4 runs

April 19th 7 innings 88 pitches 1 run

April 24th 5 2/3 innings 97 pitches 4 runs

May 1st 5 2/3 innings 100 pitches 2 runs

So they are obviously ramping up the pitch count.

In his last two starts against AAA hitters he hasn't gotten out of the 6th inning. Perhaps he could've survived through the sixth in his last start if he's extended to 115. But you could argue the pitch count would be higher against MLB hitters? The start before he was pulled after 97 pitches ...but had given up 4 runs.

I knew you push me to this

April 9th 5 innings 77 pitches 1 runs

April 14th 5 innings 88 pitches 4 runs

April 19th 7 innings 88 pitches 1 run

April 24th 5 2/3 innings 97 pitches 4 runs

May 1st 5 2/3 innings 100 pitches 2 runs

So they are obviously ramping up the pitch count.

In his last two starts against AAA hitters he hasn't gotten out of the 6th inning. Perhaps he could've survived through the sixth in his last start if he's extended to 115. But you could argue the pitch count would be higher against MLB hitters? The start before he was pulled after 97 pitches ...but had given up 4 runs.

Thanks for that, one note, April 14th, was only 2 ER.

But, I get your point, he can't make it four times through the same lineup in the same night.

Thanks for that, one note, April 14th, was only 2 ER.

But, I get your point, he can't make it four times through the same lineup in the same night.

Ok ..it was 4 Runs but 2 earned. I wasn't arguing era with you ...and I don't understand how your now twisting it to pitching to a lineup 4 times??? He'd have to be pitching horribly to pitch 4 times through a lineup Rick.

Are we really having an intelligent conversation here?

In his last two starts he pitched 5 2/3 .... The 1st of the two he had already given up four runs and had a man on base when he was pulled. Buck almost certainly would pull his starter in the same circumstances.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_04_24_noraaa_lhvaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=t568

In the last start he was at 100 after 5 2/3 innings and was in a bases loaded jam that Huntzinger got him out of without allowing an inherited runner to score

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_05_01_swbaaa_noraaa_1&t=g_box&sid=t568

Ok ..it was 4 Runs but 2 earned. I wasn't arguing era with you ...and I don't understand how your now twisting it to pitching to a lineup 4 times??? He'd have to be pitching horribly to pitch 4 times through a lineup Rick.

Are we really having an intelligent conversation here?

In his last two starts he pitched 5 2/3 .... The 1st of the two he had already given up four runs and had a man on base when he was pulled. Buck almost certainly would pull his starter in the same circumstances.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_04_24_noraaa_lhvaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=t568

In the last start he was at 100 after 5 2/3 innings and was in a bases loaded jam that Huntzinger got him out of without allowing an inherited runner to score

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_05_01_swbaaa_noraaa_1&t=g_box&sid=t568

I guess we have a failure to communicate. You won me over, he isn't pitching long enough and deep enough into the games to consider promotion to the big leagues and starter, maybe long man as I read in another thread.

My comment and thought was, his stuff isn't good enough to keep the hitters fooled and maybe that's why he wasn't making it out of the 5th.

Archived