Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

In four years, Hundley’s catcher’s ERA has tumbled from 4.76 to 4.00 to 3.75 to 3.54.

Ridiculously one-sided trade - Patton basically has no value, imo. It shows that when a player who likely doesn't fit in your long-term plans throws a more talented teammate under the bus (even if said teammate deserves it), you're forcing your team to get rid of you. Kudos to Duquette for pouncing on the opportunity.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridiculously one-sided trade - Patton basically has no value, imo. It shows that when a player who likely doesn't fit in your long-term plans throws a more talented teammate under the bus (even if said teammate deserves it), you're forcing your team to get rid of you. Kudos to Duquette for pouncing on the opportunity.

I like the trade but Patton was a pretty decent BP arm for the last 3 years (2011-2013).

What does that have to do with you linking an article from early last season? Confusing.

Oh. Just letting you know why Grandal and Hundley were not friends. There is no article on that issue dated May of 2014. Ignore it if you don't find that information interesting about our latest Oriole. Or if you did, just ignore it so that those who did not have the chance to know what you knew.

I love this trade! Patton was awful as of late and a surplus, we got a catcher to replace Celeb, made room in the bullpen for better pieces AND finally Lombo is back!

Love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the trade but Patton was a pretty decent BP arm for the last 3 years (2011-2013).

I though calling him mediocre would be a disservice to all the pitchers who actually reached the level of mediocrity. Even as a Loogy, he established he wasn't dependable at that.

Speaking of moves. Wednesday is Peguero's final day of his 20 day rehab.

Yep, curious what happens. Please get rid of Lough (my hope).

He isn't getting claimed. Let Lough regain his stroke in AAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though calling him mediocre would be a disservice to all the pitchers who actually reached the level of mediocrity. Even as a Loogy, he established he wasn't dependable at that.

Again, he was a pretty decent and reliable BP guy for us until this year and I wouldn't call him a LOOGY either.

Oh. Just letting you know why Grandal and Hundley were not friends. There is no article on that issue dated May of 2014. Ignore it if you don't find that information interesting about our latest Oriole. Or if you did, just ignore it so that those who did not have the chance to know what you knew.

It seemed like you were suggesting that Grandal was affecting his playing time this year. That's why I found it confusing. But thanks for letting me have the chance to know what you knew and I will ignore it so that others who did not have the chance to know it may know it too. :);)

I really wonder about Patton in general. I mean why would you take a banned susstance with less than a week left in the season? It tells me he probably took Adderrral all the time and just got caught.

Some people have Patton stories they could tell. Not me. But some people.

Archived