36th Round - Alex Lee - 1B - Radford

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree, but ideally Henderson stays at third while we sign Turner to play short (hoping we have a shot since he may prefer east coast). Turner, Mullins, Henderson is a nice top 3. 
    • Elias has put together the Core that he hopes will carry the O's to a World Series.   Some of us are trying to trade this core away but I don't think Elias will. Who is the Core: 1.1 Catcher Adley Rutschman (24) 2nd rounder SS/3B  Gunnar Henderson (21) 1st rounder LF  Colton Cowser  (22) - sometime in 2023  30th pick  Jordan Westburg (23) -  2B/3B/1B to start 2023  1st rounder 1B Ryan Mountcastle (25) - Drafted by Duquette  2nd rounder  RF  Kyle Stowers  (24) 4th rounder  2B/SS/3B   Joey Ortiz   (24) -sometime in 2023 2nd rounder  DH/2B  Connor Norby (22) - sometime in 2023 1.1   Jackson Holliday  SS/CF (18)  -  In 2025 1st  rounder  Grayson Rodriguez SP (22) - Start of 2023 1st rounder  DL Hall (24)  -  Sometime as a starter in 2023 Dean Kremer (26)   Kyle Bradish (26) Felix Bautista (27) Cionel Perez (26) These are the  players that the O's are building around.  Not trading.   Sure there are players needed to supplement these guys. And not all of them will make it but this is the direction I think they are headed. They don't have a player that can replace CF Cedric Mullins yet but as these players make the majors the current players will be traded to resupply the minors.  To start 2023 they will need Santander and Hays until the core players are ready. This does not mean that players, especially pitchers, can not be added to fill in where needed.  I just don't think these core players are likely to be traded. JMO          
    • You're right, this must be a series that was originally scheduled for the first week. Teams with open-air stadiums, like the Orioles, typically schedule their opening series for three games in four days, with an off-date between the first and second games.  This is so that if there's a rainout on the original date of Opening Day, fans who bought tickets for Opening Day can use them when the game is made up on the next day. The Mariners, who didn't have to worry about a rainout, were free to schedule four games in  four days, so apparently that's what they did.  And with that series having been postponed due to the labor dispute, now they only have three days to get those four games in. Ironically, the fact that they have a roof on their stadium is a big part of the reason why they have to play a doubleheader now.
    • Offensively, it would be hard not too.  Everyone who has seen Ortiz play defense, says he’s plus at SS.   Nothing’s guaranteed. Mateo could be better or worse next year. I’d bet on Ortiz over Mateo at SS if that was the choice.  However, everything depends on the plan for Henderson.   If it’s SS all bets are off.
    • All of the games played this week were originally scheduled for the first week of the season which was locked out. If it was a inter-division matchup where they only visit each other once per year, they didn't have much choice other than a doubleheader or extending the season for a few teams an extra day. (Yankees and Rangers are also in a DH today, in Texas where there's a dome.) Seattle shouldn't put much strain on their top pitchers. They can't catch Toronto for home field so they're on the road for the WC series either way, and it might be a better matchup facing #3 Cleveland than #4 Toronto.  If I were a Mariner fan I'd be kinda hoping for TB to pass them for seed 5. 
    • Changing it up some with today's lineup.   
  • Popular Contributors