Sherrill to...Cubs?

BaltimoreTerp

This is some seriously flawed logic.

The successes (or lack thereof) of guys like B. Hill and Orie and CPat will have absolutely, positively no impact on the careers of guys like Soto and Pie and Colvin etc.

By the same token, guys like Gallagher and Veal and Samardzija aren't in any better position for having come from the same system that produced Maddux and Zambrano and Wood etc.

It'd be like flipping a quarter heads four or five times in a row and then saying, "boy, I can't blame anyone for thinking this quarter will never come up tails." It's a total fallacy.

I think it's self explanatory that what Orie, Hill, or C-Pat did HAS NO IMPACT on guys like Soto or Colvin. It's like gee ya think lol, I was just using as a reference that it's been a while since a highly touted can't miss position prospect hasn't flopped. People do look at a teams track record when looking at a crop of players, do I want that for our farm no but let's call a spade a spade. Also pitchers that have become great out of our system can be given credit to the Cubs farm because turning once catcher Carlos Marmol into a dominant RP is a product of good scouting and coaching to find that hidden ability.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived