vs. Yankees 6/22

weams

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I'm sure the fan knew that it was his first major league homer. He threw it back because everyone now copies the Cubs tradition of throwing back an opposing teams homer. I did it once when I was younger. Will never do that again. Definitely regretted it.

Yeah probably not. I'd never throw a ball back, mostly because why would I want to emulate the Cubs(?!), but I wouldn't have held Joseph's hostage either. A milestone HR ball is a different story.

Let's all remember this when we're facing Sale tomorrow. This win counts more than that (potential) loss.

Of course, no one (except secretly Roy) thought we could do this versus Tanaka.

Let the hitters remember hitting the ball where it's pitched. That was the key to all these runs.

I would want a major league baseball bat in my collection. You could probably tell the player you don't want it signed.

Man that would be insuluting.

"I will trade you this ball for a bat, but don't go signing it"

Or even better

"Can you get some of your more talented teammates to sign it?"

Yeah probably not. I'd never throw a ball back, mostly because why would I want to emulate the Cubs(?!), but I wouldn't have held Joseph's hostage either. A milestone HR ball is a different story.

I would probably have handed it off to a kid before noticing it was an important HR.

I would want a major league baseball bat in my collection. You could probably tell the player you don't want it signed.

I'd rather buy an Orioles player signed bat on eBay then have to wait around after the game as a Yankee fan, to meet the worst player on the Orioles team, just to get a bat. That's just me, though.

I wouldn't hold a guy like Joseph hostage either. I have a friend who has got a few small milestone balls and traded them for some signed balls and a bat. I think that is a fair trade. Now if it was Pujols 500th homer, I would have taken that home and stuck it in a safe and auctioned it off and put that money towards my kids college education one day.

Archived