vs. RANGERS, 7/02

OFFNY

What's the weather look like' date=' are we going to be able to get the rest of the game in tonight?[/quote']<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Well, now it's pouring The window to play in light rain and when it stopped has slammed shut</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Well, now it's pouring The window to play in light rain and when it stopped has slammed shut</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently weather.com sucks. That cell that just burst of Baltimore certainly wasnt there when I originally looked. Does this mean the Os win?

So who makes this schedule? We play a night game tomorrow night, possibly rain delayed, then have to fly to Boston for an early afternoon game Friday. I thought you weren't allowed to do that?

Meanwhile the Red Sox get to spend an off day at home tomorrow.

So who makes this schedule? We play a night game tomorrow night, possibly rain delayed, then have to fly to Boston for an early afternoon game Friday. I thought you weren't allowed to do that?

Yeah there use to be such thing as get away day. Seems like that is the thing of the past.

Watch them tack the end of this game onto tomorrow night too.

I don't know why WE didn't schedule a day game tomorrow.

Watch them tack the end of this game onto tomorrow night too.

I don't think they can do that.

They can only suspend a game if it's tied, or if the visiting team has scored in the top of the inning and the home team trails and hasn't gotten its fair ups in the bottom of the inning yet.

This game is either resumed, or it's a 6-4 Oriole victory.

I don't think they can do that.

They can only suspend a game if it's tied, or if the visiting team has scored in the top of the inning and the home team trails and hasn't gotten its fair ups in the bottom of the inning yet.

This game is either resumed, or it's a 6-4 Oriole victory.

I checked and I was pretty much right, though there are a few other non-weather related circumstances that can also lead to suspended games. Rule 4.12:

SUSPENDED GAMES.

(a) A game shall become a suspended game that must be completed at a future date if the game is terminated for any of the following reasons:

(1) A curfew imposed by law;

(2) A time limit permissible under league rules;

(3) Light failure or malfunction of a mechanical field device under control of the home club. (Mechanical field device shall include automatic tarpaulin or water removal equipment);

(4) Darkness, when a law prevents the lights from being turned on;

(5) Weather, if a regulation game is called while an inning is in progress and before the inning is completed, and the visiting team has scored one or more runs to take the lead, and the home team has not retaken the lead; or

(6) It is a regulation game that is called with the score tied.

Archived