Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

The Twins look like a logical trade partner. They're out of the division, they're out of contention, and they have two players who can help us.

What would it cost the O's to get Kurt Suzuki and Brian Dozier? Would they be worth the price?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine the Twins would trade Dozier. Young and under team control. He's their future at 2B.

Schoop would have to be in the deal.

That being said, I've been paying attention to Odor in Texas. Curious if they'd deal him considering the middle of the infield roadblock once Profar is healthy.

Are there any LH DH/Corner OF guys out there that will be available now that it looks like Seth Smith is a no-go? Maybe we could be in a 3-way deal with another contender, who needs a RH DH/COF, and a seller, in order to get some value out of Delmon Young and open up a slot on the 25-man...

We need a LHP for the pen bad. I don't trust Matusz at all right now. T.J last 2 times out of the pen haven't looked good.

Are there any LH DH/Corner OF guys out there that will be available now that it looks like Seth Smith is a no-go? Maybe we could be in a 3-way deal with another contender, who needs a RH DH/COF, and a seller, in order to get some value out of Delmon Young and open up a slot on the 25-man...

I don't see us giving up anything for a bat off the bench.

If we get anything, its a BP arm.

Payroll constraints probably keep this from being a realistic option, but as a Rangers fan, I wonder who would say no to a Darvish/Beltre for Machado/Gausman/Bundy/Harvey deal. Stiff price to pay, but it gives the Orioles the ace they've needed, and Beltre's presence in the middle of the lineup and in the clubhouse would go a long way toward closing the gap between the Orioles and the A's/Tigers.

Who are our second base options via trade?

Utley

Murphy

Dozier

Zobrist?

Altuve?

Any of those would certainly be interesting for the right price. Wouldn't give up anything more than Schoop/EdRod and some other smaller pieces though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Athletics?src=hash">#Athletics</a> designate LHP Brad Mills for assignment. Went six innings in two of his three starts, 4.41 ERA in 16 1/3 IP overall.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just claim him LHP for pen.

Who are our second base options via trade?

Utley

Murphy

Dozier

Zobrist?

Altuve?

Any of those would certainly be interesting for the right price. Wouldn't give up anything more than Schoop/EdRod and some other smaller pieces though.

Why would Dozier and Altuve be available? Especially for that joke of a package. Dozier is on pace for a 5.3fWAR season and Altuve is on pace for 5.4fWAR. They've been the two most valuable 2B in baseball this behind Ian Kinsler.

Payroll constraints probably keep this from being a realistic option, but as a Rangers fan, I wonder who would say no to a Darvish/Beltre for Machado/Gausman/Bundy/Harvey deal. Stiff price to pay, but it gives the Orioles the ace they've needed, and Beltre's presence in the middle of the lineup and in the clubhouse would go a long way toward closing the gap between the Orioles and the A's/Tigers.

Welcome. This is an interesting idea. After all those years of producing nothing, I'd hate to give up all those guys, but it does have a lot of merit.

Why would Dozier and Altuve be available? Especially for that joke of a package. Dozier is on pace for a 5.3fWAR season and Altuve is on pace for 5.4fWAR. They've been the two most valuable 2B in baseball this behind Ian Kinsler.

Wasn't suggesting it could actually happen for that package. Why wouldn't Dozier be available though? He's having a great season and I don't think the Twins are that close to competing.

Welcome. This is an interesting idea. After all those years of producing nothing, I'd hate to give up all those guys, but it does have a lot of merit.

It has zero merit IMO.

Your adding a ton of payroll 20 + million while giving up FOUR potential studs. Even if they are two good players its just to much of a cost. The added payroll would make it hard to keep any upcoming FA and make it hard to have the needed flexibility to add to the team over the next few years.

Just my opinion though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Athletics?src=hash">#Athletics</a> designate LHP Brad Mills for assignment. Went six innings in two of his three starts, 4.41 ERA in 16 1/3 IP overall.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just claim him LHP for pen.

Maybe. But, look at his career splits:

vs RHB .270/.361/.476

vs LHB .315/.408/.483

He's worse against LH batters, but really he's just bad altogether.

Archived