vs. NATIONALS, 7/10

OFFNY

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the Advanced-A level is where they start playing some serious baseball.

Bundy's FIRST time at Frederick, Weams and I went. Someone asked him at the presser, what's the difference at this level from Delmarva and lower. "Guys at this level seem to have a plan at the plate."

[video=youtube;FEAhiFo5mz8]

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dylan Bundy threw a 1-2-3 first inning for high-A Frederick on 15 pitches. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's no Chen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bundy so far at Frederick: 2 innings, 2 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts. 2 much information? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/keys?src=hash">#keys</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bundy a long second inning. 2-0 Sox after 2.</p>— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) <a href="

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You are choosing to use fWAR, which you’re entitled to do.  rWAR has him at 1.2, on pace for 2.9.  They had Gunnar at 6.2, more than twice as valuable.   But anyway, that’s a little beside the point.  My main point is that Cowser’s offensive numbers need to stabilize.  He was great for the first month, and very bad since then.   The overall numbers are still pretty good but have been trending the wrong direction for a long while.  That’s why I don’t consider his season tremendous.   One last thing: I really like Cowser’s defense, but I think OAA (and therefore fWAR) overrates him.  Don’t get me wrong - I’ve said he may be a GG candidate if he plays this well defensively all year.  But OAA has him higher than any other defensive metric and I think they’re a little overboard.  JMO.  
    • Kind of like the offseason Dylan Cease thread(s).
    • Gerrit Cole's penciled in return next Wednesday night seems like enough of an occasion I was thinking of trying to find or help make a watch event. If anyone knows, how's Pickles during road games?    Seems like it might be the best spot if the scene is good there - it will be the evening of the Juneteenth holiday so roads ought to be easier than usual before gametime. Easier for me if Northern Virginia or Maryland suburbs better, but by the ballpark has its own appeal and is the center of Orioles land.    
    • Cowser may need to go back to a platoon role for a while. Unfortunately he is not a natural platoon complement to Mullins as they both suck vs LHP. Where's Ryan McKenna when you need him? Hopefully Mullins heats up again and Cowser can platoon with Hays in a corner spot. 
    • Highly doubt Bradish gets skipped. He’s already getting an extra day off with the 6 man rotation.
    • They likely want to keep their momentum going.  I don't think they over think things to line up in NY with their top 3.  But we will see.
    • I was there last night.  He threw a curveball warming up that looked really good and I knew the game was over.  His velo was never my concern until that curve stops working and then he's fastball only and gets in trouble.
  • Popular Contributors