"Cut the pies, Adam Jones" "Letter to the Editor" in Baltimore Sun of Saturday 8/2/2014

Specman

Boy, do I agree with today's letter to the editor, David Knowles of Severna Park. I have been on this bandwagon for months and I too am sick of seeing Adam Jones pieing an Oriole who is being interviewed post game.

To quote from his letter "....Adam Jones finds it necessary to steal their moment in the spotlight by throwing a pie in their face....He is making it about himself....it is a childish prank that was amusing the first few times..."

Congratulations to Mr. Knowles for telling it like it is even though it is sacrilege and absolutely not permitted to ever criticize Adam Jones in this town.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, do I agree with today's letter to the editor, David Knowles of Severna Park. I have been on this bandwagon for months and I too am sick of seeing Adam Jones pieing an Oriole who is being interviewed post game.

To quote from his letter "....Adam Jones finds it necessary to steal their moment in the spotlight by throwing a pie in their face....He is making it about himself....it is a childish prank that was amusing the first few times..."

Congratulations to Mr. Knowles for telling it like it is even though it is sacrilege and absolutely not permitted to ever criticize Adam Jones in this town.

Nothing destroys an already weak argument more then hyperbole.

Op-ed or Letter to the editor? Which is it? They are not the same thing.

You know all those stories we hear about how the Orioles clubhouse is one of the best, most relaxed places in baseball. how everyone seems to get a long and genuinely likes one another.

Did anyone stop to think that this is part of that.

And anyone who thinks Adam Jones has not been criticized in this town well is just not paying attention.

Why do you think it is "sacrilege" to criticize Jones?

Link for anyone that wants it http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-07-31/news/bs-ed-orioles-letter-20140731_1_adam-jones-pies-the-orioles

Overall the pies are an enjoyable thing, I think for most. They are starting to become a bit too common place though. As long as it stays to exceptional moments or occasions, I'm all for it. Love that it is real pies now too, and not shaving cream towels.

You know all those stories we hear about how the Orioles clubhouse is one of the best, most relaxed places in baseball. how everyone seems to get a long and genuinely likes one another.

Did anyone stop to think that this is part of that.

And anyone who thinks Adam Jones has not been criticized in this town well is just not paying attention.

Why do you think it is "sacrilege" to criticize Jones?

Agree so much with the bolded part you said.

From his thoughts on fans on the field, bubble gum chewing, swinging out his <you know what> (his words), etc ... etc... Jones is plenty criticized ;)

Link for anyone that wants it http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-07-31/news/bs-ed-orioles-letter-20140731_1_adam-jones-pies-the-orioles

Overall the pies are an enjoyable thing, I think for most. They are starting to become a bit too common place though. As long as it stays to exceptional moments or occasions, I'm all for it. Love that it is real pies now too, and not shaving cream towels.

Hey now.... times were tough back then!

Ever since Angelos opened his wallet... its been oddly cold here in Baltimore..

Archived