vs. MARINERS, 8/03

OFFNY

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Little League umpires are unpaid volunteers. We have major league hitters who routinely swing at balls that bounce and have made an entire career of not knowing the strike zone..lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you miss the part where I said our umpires are PAID and this guy was CALLING STRIKES not that the kids were swinging at them. The point is there are instances when it's perfectly acceptable to question authority. In this case the umpire.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Angels?src=hash">#Angels</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a> are in the rare "rain delay in a domed stadium" right now.</p>— FOX Sports Live (@FOXSportsLive) <a href="

">August 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How does this happen lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Highly doubt Bradish gets skipped. He’s already getting an extra day off with the 6 man rotation.
    • They likely want to keep their momentum going.  I don't think they over think things to line up in NY with their top 3.  But we will see.
    • I was there last night.  He threw a curveball warming up that looked really good and I knew the game was over.  His velo was never my concern until that curve stops working and then he's fastball only and gets in trouble.
    • I agree that his bat has been up and down but it would be hard to classify his season to date as anything other than tremendous. His defense has been so good that’s he’s been worth 2.1 WAR in 216 PA’s. Last year, Gunnar was worth 4.7 WAR in 622 PA’s. Pro rate Cowser’s season so far to 622 PA’s and that comes out to 6 WAR. That’s not saying he will keep up this pace the whole year, but if he hits close to league average and keeps up his defense, he will likely be a 4 WAR player. I don’t think anyone expected that coming into the season.
    • 34 AB - not a small sample size when OPS is over 1.000, including some dinky 2B’s. He will be up soon and be one of the best players on the team. 34 AB when not producing, SSS and nothing can be taken from it.
    • With the off day coming up, we can skip two guys. Right now we are down a lefty in the pen in NYY is RHB heavy (aside from Soto). I think Irvin in the pen makes sense to get an extra lefty.  Then, as I posted in another thread, if we skip Bradish vs Philly, we would then get Bradish-Grayson-Burnes vs NYY.   
    • Love this post, Frobby. I'm half your age and I totally understand where you're coming from. Especially the second paragraph. We won 103 games last season with the lowest payroll in baseball. We are on an even better pace for next season and given the reasonably expected trajectories of our talent in the organization things look only likely to get better and better. In a sports world where financial capability, especially in a non salary cap system, has an extremely strong correlation to success, that is just absolutely brilliant. Sometimes I wonder if people have taken the time to really step back and appreciate what an achievement it is to not only be in the shape that this organization is, but simply the mere fact of going 148-81 in our last season and almost a half, with the lowest payroll in baseball. It certainly deserves the kind of esteem and deference to the club's decision making enough to avoid some of the things you talk about in the first paragraph, IMO. 
  • Popular Contributors