Palmer Calls Throwing at Joseph a Gutless Act

brianod

Meh, if you can't do it with a lead as big as we have then what's the point? Is it an automatic suspension after there has been a warning?

I think the concern is injuries in the brawl sure to follow. We have more to lose than they do. Best to take the high road.

Nonetheless, I hate the BJs.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the point is that we're better than them. Also, I think most a Jays would not support what he did. Their problem is their best players are me first guys who don't respect the game.

No, you're right. That kind of thing just galls me. There was no intent at all on Joseph's part. Reyes is just a hot headed idiot.

Here's my question...why does Reyes argue to begin with? He was safe. It's not like he was called out due to an illegal block. So what does he gain by making a fuss?

He was upset because he hurt his pinkie when his hand hit Joseph's foot. Of course, he doesn't understand he was a total jackass for not sliding into home feet first.

And if any of the Orioles pitchers try to retaliate tomorrow or Wednesday, they would also be in the jackass category. There is too much on the line to be a fool.

Same situation happened to Hardy in the Cards series and caused him to miss nearly a week because he couldn't hold a bat sufficiently.

The squirreliness of the home plate rule has caused this. I don't keep track but how many hand/finger injuries happened last season with base runners coming in head first?

The runners seem to either think the plate will be 100% covered up and can't run towards the kryptonite, OR they think it will be 100% open and leave themselves open for dislocated digits.

No more head first slides to home I guess.

Archived