Palmer Calls Throwing at Joseph a Gutless Act

brianod

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel unsatisfied by the response if it indeed is over. Now, I don't want anybody getting hurt in a brawl or anything and with only 5 games left, you can't afford an injury or suspension, so they did the right thing. But they just hit way too many guys.

That O'Day pitch seemed weak. I was hoping Hunter would do it with some extra mustard on the pitch. Either way, I have a feeling this will come up next year or in spring training.

Dempsey was FUMING on the post game show. To paraphrase....

Rick: "Reyes gets pissed about a play that was nothing. He then gets his pitcher all riled up who throws at our guy's head and gets a 6 game suspension. Then it all continued into game 2. Then in game 3 Pearce gets thrown at, and Reyes responds by running to the mound and patting his pitcher on the backside."

Tom Davis: "Folks, I thought Rick was gonna run down to the field and start throwing punches."

Rick: "No, I wouldn't do that, I'm a MASN employee....now, maybe if I see him in the hallway....(laughs) No, just kidding."

Maybe I'm too far removed from playing the game, but from my perspective sweeping the Jays while outscoring them 19-5, snuffing out whatever faint post-season hopes they have, and having them provide the division clincher leaves things even. If the Jays start things up again during the final series, that's another story.

Maybe I'm too far removed from playing the game, but from my perspective sweeping the Jays while outscoring them 19-5, snuffing out whatever faint post-season hopes they have, and having them provide the division clincher leaves things even. If the Jays start things up again during the final series, that's another story.

You're right. Buck and the Birds stayed classy and focused on the task at hand...winning.

The Blue Jays are a classless organization, and their "apologies" for the actions of Strohman were obviously fake as they threw at Nick on Tuesday and at Pearce last night. (oh right, the ball slipped and Pearce hitting 2 homers was just a coincidence :rolleyes: ).

I am almost hoping that the Angles clinch the #1 seed before we reach Toronto, and Buck just sits the regulars. I don't want the classless Jays to injure any of our guys heading into the Postseason.

I've hated that organization since they beat us in 89 and then the Cito incident in 93, (I don't care that Moose caused that) and I hate them now!

The Blue Jays are a classless organization, and their "apologies" for the actions of Strohman were obviously fake as they threw at Nick on Tuesday and at Pearce last night. (oh right, the ball slipped and Pearce hitting 2 homers was just a coincidence :rolleyes: ).

Don't forget the SB by Paredes. That was just too much for them to take because they are a bunch of babies.

Archived