No Manny Sighting?

21xxxv

What's wrong with the Cheesecake Factory? It's not like it's Bob Evans, ya know! I dined at a table next to Rafael Palmiero at the Inner Harbor CCF back around 2002 or so, when his Rangers were in town during his 2nd stint with them. He didn't look embarrassed to be there, and he was making 8 or 9 mil a year at the time! :)

It is odd that Manny wasn't watching the game, though.

We don't know what was on his phone...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Child Birthing class.

Caught the last 3 innings at home.

True story.

I've lived in South Florida the past decade and a half.

In 2003, the Marlins made it to the postseason. My buddy and me grabbed up seats for Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants, which was the first game played in Miami. We go, it was an incredible game (Marlins won in 12 innings on a walk off by Pudge Rodriguez). As we're exiting the stadium, we notice that there were still a few limited seats left on sale for Game 4. My friend asks if we want to go again, and I'm all in...until I realize I had one of those marriage preparation classes scheduled that you need to attend in order to get your marriage license.

So gritting my teeth, I have to turn my friend down and tell him to take one of his other friends. So he goes to Game 4, and it's just as incredible and memorable as Game 3....Jeff Conine throws out JT Snow at the plate in the 9th inning to win the NLDS, which I believe was the only time a postseason series has ended with a throw out at home plate. And I'm left listening to the game on the radio in the parking lot outside the marriage prep class. My friend just had to rub it all in. Incredibly frustrating knowing I could have been there.

Such is life, I suppose.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado will not be with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> this weekend, staying in LA to rehab for another week. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesTalk?src=hash">#OriolesTalk</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Knee feeling good for Machado.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manny Machado will not be with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> this weekend, staying in LA to rehab for another week. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesTalk?src=hash">#OriolesTalk</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Knee feeling good for Machado.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

...and this for the exact date of arrival

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado staying in Cal for another week doing rehab. No problem but won't join team until Sept 29. Was supposed to be here for Sats picture</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

True story.

I've lived in South Florida the past decade and a half.

In 2003, the Marlins made it to the postseason. My buddy and me grabbed up seats for Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants, which was the first game played in Miami. We go, it was an incredible game (Marlins won in 12 innings on a walk off by Pudge Rodriguez). As we're exiting the stadium, we notice that there were still a few limited seats left on sale for Game 4. My friend asks if we want to go again, and I'm all in...until I realize I had one of those marriage preparation classes scheduled that you need to attend in order to get your marriage license.

So gritting my teeth, I have to turn my friend down and tell him to take one of his other friends. So he goes to Game 4, and it's just as incredible and memorable as Game 3....Jeff Conine throws out JT Snow at the plate in the 9th inning to win the NLDS, which I believe was the only time a postseason series has ended with a throw out at home plate. And I'm left listening to the game on the radio in the parking lot outside the marriage prep class. My friend just had to rub it all in. Incredibly frustrating knowing I could have been there.

Such is life, I suppose.

Well how did that "marriage thing" finally turn out (no not the class - the real thang)? :slytf:

I was thinking the same thing when I read that comment. Cheesecake Factory isn't exactly cheap food. It's not the Applebees 2 for 20 deal (or whatever they do). I went to a Cheesecake Factory a few months ago and was surprised how fancifully decorated it was and how expensive the meal was compared to other chain restaurants. It's not even close to the Denny's clone that they called the Cheesecake Factory on that TV show with the science geeks.

You mean Big Bang?

KaleyCuoco.jpg

...and this for the exact date of arrival

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado staying in Cal for another week doing rehab. No problem but won't join team until Sept 29. Was supposed to be here for Sats picture</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Sometimes I do wonder if he'd rather be on another team. Is that just me?

I understand why he couldn't be in Bmore, but seriously not watching the game? Can that really be true? If so, I find that very strange and I'm not sure how I feel about that. :scratchchinhmm:

Why? I personally don't care what a player does. It cheese cake. Good for him. I

like it too. Doesn't watch the O's game? Fine. No big deal.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that comment. Cheesecake Factory isn't exactly cheap food. It's not the Applebees 2 for 20 deal (or whatever they do). I went to a Cheesecake Factory a few months ago and was surprised how fancifully decorated it was and how expensive the meal was compared to other chain restaurants. It's not even close to the Denny's clone that they called the Cheesecake Factory on that TV show with the science geeks.

Never been, this post caused me to look up the menu. Geez that's a huge menu. Kinda ridiculous. Wouldn't think it would be possible to have the kitchen up to snuff on all that stuff at all times.

Archived