Machado is not going to be happy

Valhalla

Adam Jones also wants to play SS. Does that mean he is not loyal to the Orioles? lol

I'm not gonna start badmouthing Manny based on what somebody says HE feels, but the fact of the matter is, with JJ at Short and Manny at third this is a better team. And when Buck decides that is no longer the case, then I'll trust Buck to make the decisions for the team. Manny is a player, and a darn good one, but like Weams said, he needs to concentrate on staying healthy and playing the best he can and forget about SS until Buck and the O's decide he needs to move.

There is a very good possibility that he never plays shortstop over the course of his career.

And there's a vert good chance he goes down as one of the best to play the position. Especially with the glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there's a vert good chance he goes down as one of the best to play the position. Especially with the glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manny wiil never get the chance to make your premise come true. Not to say he would not have been good. It's over.

By the way, assuming Manny can stay healthy, I truly believe he's on the verge of superstardom. I mean, next season. His offense was really coming on strong before his injury, even though his overall numbers were just slightly improved from last season. OPS by month this year: .556 in May (no spring training), .774 in June, .921 in July, .940 in August. Gotta like that trend line! I think he's in for a 100 point OPS jump next year if healthy from day one of spring training, and 25+ homers is highly likely (he had 12 in 83 games this year despite his slow start). Add that to his crazy good defense and you've got a true MVP candidate in 2015, IMO.

The statements made in the original post are very overblown. His teammates did not throw him under the bus. A gold and platinum glove winner will not be "very upset" at the Hardy signing. End of story. Nothing to see here.

Overblown?

Or

Made up?

Manny is now a third baseman. If he stays healthy, he will be the best in baseball. The dollars will pretty much take care of themselves if he focuses on playing as hard as he can. He knows that and will do just that.
And he is an excellent 3rd baseman. I don't think he's worried about that. Hopefully, he'll work hard to rehab and will be back next year.

By the way, assuming Manny can stay healthy, I truly believe he's on the verge of superstardom. I mean, next season. His offense was really coming on strong before his injury, even though his overall numbers were just slightly improved from last season. OPS by month this year: .556 in May (no spring training), .774 in June, .921 in July, .940 in August. Gotta like that trend line! I think he's in for a 100 point OPS jump next year if healthy from day one of spring training, and 25+ homers is highly likely (he had 12 in 83 games this year despite his slow start). Add that to his crazy good defense and you've got a true MVP candidate in 2015, IMO.

I agree. Hopefully the knees are fixed for good.

If he can stay healthy. There are so many athletes that say once their wheels are gone it wasn't the same. I hope he can rehab and come back as good as ever but, two major knee operations in two years makes me wonder.

Was in agreement with the made up part of your statement about the OP. Not condoning his actions and "throwing him under the bus" are 2 totally different things.

Oh I had you, DES.

I do find it weird/cool/funny that OH posts show up in Google searches though. In this case I'd bet "manny"+"chad"+"bus"+"fiction"+" tin foil" ought to cover it.

Archived