Season on line and that's the best you can do?

Greg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's treated his lineup like its a monster. No way Flaherty and Schoop should be playing everyday. I mean ... Why carry a bench at all???

Probably not. But Paredes at 3B and Johnson at 2B doesn't exactly scream any better. The added offense is a wash with the downgraded defense.

But Flaherty also came into today batting .294 and then added two walks today.

I still can't believe we list game 1, and I think that was the turning point of the whole series. So close to this being 3-0 us instead of 0-3, yet so far away. Urg. Most frustrating series of baseball I have ever seen in my life and it's not close and I honestly can't imagine it possibly being topped, ever. Even this may not be as bad as this seems now if we come back, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

40+ years of being a diehard O's fan, and I can truly say, I've never felt worse. I really thought this was the year. I'm close to puking, and or crying. On vacation tomorrow, and I can't even get excited. If you see a 6' 2" fat@$$ on a bridge between Bmore and Western MD, it may be me.

For the people that so fervently believe that poor results = poor effort in baseball, is it fair to assume that you have never played much baseball or really much of any other endeavor in life where you have less than 100% control over the outcome?

It's laughable how often people say that a team is flat or has no heart just because they lose a game or a few. Confidence is always a factor but you cannot simply will your way to a victory. And nobody gets to the Major Leagues by not trying.

Poor effort does equal poor results.

The Orioles have way to many free swingers. You need base runners and Jones and Cruz swing at the 1st pitch over and over. They swing at the really bad not even close splitters and cutters.

Jones is no more than a five hitter on a good team. You only get what he can hit since he doesn't work the count and take walks.

For the people that so fervently believe that poor results = poor effort in baseball, is it fair to assume that you have never played much baseball or really much of any other endeavor in life where you have less than 100% control over the outcome?

It's laughable how often people say that a team is flat or has no heart just because they lose a game or a few. Confidence is always a factor but you cannot simply will your way to a victory. And nobody gets to the Major Leagues by not trying.

Yeah people always think it is so easy. Only one team wins the World Series each year and it isn't because of trying harder.

Probably not. But Paredes at 3B and Johnson at 2B doesn't exactly scream any better. The added offense is a wash with the downgraded defense.

But Flaherty also came into today batting .294 and then added two walks today.

Not finding away to get Young in the game was beyond stupid.

The Orioles weren't inpatient they got Guthrie out after five innings.

Yes.

Part of that was a 14-pitch plate appearance by J.J. Hardy, followed by a 7-pitch walk by Ryan Flaherty.

This was Guthrie's pitch count overall, and per each inning.

Pitches: 94 (63 Strikes, 31 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

10 (91 Strikes, 11 Balls)

26 (15 Strikes, 11 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

32 (22 Strikes, 10 Balls)

11 (61 Strikes, 51 Balls)

Archived