Season on line and that's the best you can do?

Greg

I do not think they would be winning all these tight games though and about to deep us if we had Manny, Wieters and Davis in our lineup. Those three add way more stress to any pitcher especially a starter having to face them multiple times in. Game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KC didn't actually do much with their bats either though. They win the game on a grounder to second and a pop fly to Lf. It was their defense and lights out bullpen that carried them to the win.

And the sac fly that the Os couldn't accomplish the other day. Despite the fact that Gausman pitched well the Orioles needed a DP ball...O'Day should've game in to try to get it.

I do not think they would be winning all these tight games though and about to deep us if we had Manny, Wieters and Davis in our lineup. Those three add way more stress to any pitcher especially a starter having to face them multiple times in. Game.

I believe this.

Yost knew when to pull the plug on Guthrie. Buck saw Chen start the inning a little over 70 pitches, then a runner on 1st and 1 out. He trusted Chen to work his way out of it which was reasonable. Instead, that proved to be the ballgame. Jones + Cruz 0-8; Cain + Hosmer 4-7

Chen was hitting his spots and was facing a lefty. No reason to think he was losing his stuff.

Guest rochester

This is just not happening this year - losing a proverbial must win game with Jeremy Guthrie starting pretty much sums up this series. I mean, Jeremy Guthrie? After the Detroit three? Still a great season and I still really hope that I am made to look like a fool by being so pessimistic about winning four in a row but... Jeremy Guthrie?!?!? :confused:

For the people that so fervently believe that poor results = poor effort in baseball, is it fair to assume that you have never played much baseball or really much of any other endeavor in life where you have less than 100% control over the outcome?

It's laughable how often people say that a team is flat or has no heart just because they lose a game or a few. Confidence is always a factor but you cannot simply will your way to a victory. And nobody gets to the Major Leagues by not trying.

Yeah, this kind of thinking corresponds more towards the NBA.

Yeah, the guy who is an MVP candidate and MVP of the ALDS has a poor approach at the plate. Okay. Maybe you missed some of singles through the right side too.

Jones and Cruz were 0-8 in a game they needed to come up big.

How many pitches did Jones see in his 4 at bats ....10 ... Yeah that's right 10! I could've seen that many!

Probably not. But Paredes at 3B and Johnson at 2B doesn't exactly scream any better. The added offense is a wash with the downgraded defense.

But Flaherty also came into today batting .294 and then added two walks today.

Didn't Steinbrenner once call Dave Winfield "Mr. May"? Wonder what that makes Adam Jones then.

Guest rochester
And the sac fly that the Os couldn't accomplish the other day. Despite the fact that Gausman pitched well the Orioles needed a DP ball...O'Day should've game in to try to get it.

And I would be the mortgage that you would have written the same sentence if O'Day came in and got hit - you would have exploded that they took Gausman out, especially since O'Day has been getting hit lately. With all due respect your complaints would have a bit more merit if you didn't just cut and paste the sentences then change the names to fir the situation.

They weren't inpatient they got Guthrie out after five innings.

I think the 5th inning was key. His pitch count was up and we had worked the count against him pretty well the last inning. We quickly go 1-2-3, including 2 weak outs when we were ahead in the count 2-0 (Markakis) and 2-1 (De Aza).

Archived