2015 Orioles

Ripken

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you want to keep basically the same team

Of veterans, yet you expect them to change their approach at the plate?

They need a new voice talking to them.

They need a new voice talking to them.

I don't really think a new hitting coach will change the approach a bunch of veteran players have. They're set in their ways and will continue to have their approach. He might be able to help young guys like Machado and Schoop but thats about it.

Enough with the TOR starter crap! We need the ability to score more runs. Our offense was inept in 2012 and 2014 playoffs. We need the ability to create runs. We need more obp, more speed, more reliable hitting.

You're kidding right?

We need pitchers that can consistently get to the bottom of the 7th (at least) instead of our standard 5 or 6-inning performances. Until we get a stronger pitching staff nothing else is going to matter.

The batter discipline is another major issue but to fix that, we'd have to develop or trade the type of batters we need.

MSK

You're kidding right?

We need pitchers that can consistently get to the bottom of the 7th (at least) instead of our standard 5 or 6-inning performances. Until we get a stronger pitching staff nothing else is going to matter.

The batter discipline is another major issue but to fix that, we'd have to develop or trade the type of batters we need.

MSK

Getting a TOR would obviously be the thing to do in a perfect world, but where are we going to find the 20-25 million dollars a year to sign a Scherzer or Lester? That ain't happening, so we have to go with more realistic ways to make the team better and thats with getting more position players who can work the count, get on base and have speed.

If we were to keep almost everyone (fat chance, I know):

1. Markakis, L, RF

2. Machado, R, 3B

3. Cruz, R, DH

4. Davis, L, 1B

5. Jones, R, CF

6. Wieters, S, C

7. Hardy, R, SS

8. Pearce/DeAza, R/L, LF

9. Schoop/Flaherty, R/L, 2B

Young, Joseph

I don't think Hundley and Lough come back and Walker would be the first call up.

Davis would be suspended for Game 1.

1. Gausman, R

2. Tillman, R

3. Chen, L

4. Jimenez, R

5. Norris, R

6. Gonzalez, R

Britton, L

ODay, R

Miller, L

Hunter, R

Brach, R

McFarland, L

We aren't using 6 starters. Trade someone? Not sure when Bundy will be ready. Matusz isn't returning.

Basically, it's the team we wanted for this post season. If Davis bounced back and we had good health that team would return to the playoffs.

Enough with the TOR starter crap! We need the ability to score more runs. Our offense was inept in 2012 and 2014 playoffs. We need the ability to create runs. We need more obp, more speed, more reliable hitting.

I bet we could get Choo!

Wow! You can't call Angelos "Petey" on an Orioles' message board? I don't get the problem with that.

I think that was decided a long time ago. When we started corrupting Andy's last name and such. Call me out if I am wrong here. Seriously.

:agree: We beat the 3 Detroit had. I'd like to see a more balanced offense and more speed in the OF.

Archived