Would you Try to Acquire Howie Kendrick?

Yardball85

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels are likely to deal him or David Freese in the offseason, and are looking for a starter or bullpen arm in exchange. Would you deal Norris for Kendrick?

Obviously we have Schoop and he showed promise last year, but his .244 OBP was just abysmal. Kendrick, meanwhile, had a .344 OBP (largely BA driven) and OPS'ed .744. He's OPS'ed in the low to mid .700s and hit .802 a few years ago. If you want to keep Schoop, Kendrick would play a bit of LF and range around the infield when the starters need a breather.

Would this be a move you would look to make?

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/angels-anaheim-trade-david-freese-howie-kendrick-starting-pitcher-bullpen-103114

I absolutely give them these three options.

We take Kendrick and give them Gonzalez.

We take Kendrick and give them T.J. McFarland.

We take Kendrick and Freese and give them Eddie Gamboa.

I like the notion of Gonzalez for Kendrick. I know that advanced metrics aren't kind to Gonzalez but he has had three years of consistently beating out what the stat gurus say and he is cheap with a little control left. That would take 9.5 million off their hands as well.

I like the notion of Gonzalez for Kendrick. I know that advanced metrics aren't kind to Gonzalez but he has had three years of consistently beating out what the stat gurus say and he is cheap with a little control left. That would take 9.5 million off their hands as well.

Probably closer to 7 million with Gonzalez up for arbitration this year.

Probably closer to 7 million with Gonzalez up for arbitration this year.

That's why I possibly flip McCoy. He's an unknown quantity at this level and I'd rather not package TJ with Miggy. Unless, they wanted to take Matusz off our hands on the off chance he gets it right as a starter one last time. :D

You wouldn't deal Norris for Kendrick? He may be a little better than Gonzo according to peripherals, but Gonzalez should be cheaper and is under contract through 2017.

I'll say it again. Schoop will be a major star in the AL inside of three years, and a very solid player next year. His defense alone makes him above average and the power is a plus.I wouldn't sit him for anyone short of Cano. And he's in the Cano mold.

This is crazy.

Howie Kendrick's WAR over the past 4 years:

He is an upgrade over Schoop every day of the week. You absolutely try to get him if LAA will do it for a SP. Honestly I'd probably keep Schoop still as a reserve IF and cut Flaherty.

You wouldn't deal Norris for Kendrick? He may be a little better than Gonzo according to peripherals, but Gonzalez should be cheaper and is under contract through 2017.

That's what I'm thinking. Trade Norris straight up for Kendrick. Gonzo is cheaper and has more team control. I wouldn't stop there. I'd trade for Fowler. Re sign Miller and Cruz. Cut Matusz. Trick a team into thinking Hunter could be a closer and get rid of his salary.

Tillman

Chen

Gausman

Gonzo

Ubaldo (have to start him)

Britton, Oday, Miller, Brach, Webb, Mac, 7th guy

Kendrick 2B

Fowler RF

Jones CF

Cruz DH

Davis 1B

Machado 3B

Weiters C

Hardy SS

De Aza LF

Pearce, Lough, Flaherty, Hundley(Tillman's personal C)

Go for it in 15. Still have Bundy,Schoop,Joseph as guys making the min for the future.

That's what I'm thinking. Trade Norris straight up for Kendrick. Gonzo is cheaper and has more team control. I wouldn't stop there. I'd trade for Fowler. Re sign Miller and Cruz. Cut Matusz. Trick a team into thinking Hunter could be a closer and get rid of his salary.

Tillman

Chen

Gausman

Gonzo

Kendrick 2B

Fowler RF

Jones CF

Cruz DH

Davis 1B

Machado 3B

Weiters C

Hardy SS

De Aza LF

Go for it in 15. Still have Bundy,Schoop,Joseph as guys making the min for the future.

I kind of like that lineup.

Tillman

Chen

Gausman

Gonzo

Kendrick 2B

Fowler RF

Jones CF

Cruz DH

Davis 1B

Machado 3B

Weiters C

Hardy SS

De Aza LF

I'd love to see this, but it's not happening. Kakes is coming back.

Archived