Marlins have contacted the Orioles about trading for Chris Davis

AlbionHero

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, exact same one.

There has been ZERO talk of the Astros trading Altuve. Anywhere. Not since 2013, before he signed his extension. They have no reason to trade him. This seems to be the only place in the known universe where it's seen as a possibility.

So how about that Heaney kid?

I am not convinced that he has the value of Davis for a year and then a pick. No one ever accepts a qualifying offer. Ever.

I am not convinced that he has the value of Davis for a year and then a pick. No one ever accepts a qualifying offer. Ever.

Just wait for the second coming of Brandon Webb. Some guy who KNOWS his shoulder or elbow is trashed and is more than willing to accept $15 million to sit and have his Major League Baseball insurance pay for his reconstructive surgery, and has just enough pain tolerance to fool the guys giving him the physical. He'll accept a qualifying offer faster than you can blink.

Another name that I noticed is available is Nathan Eovaldi. Could he and another prospect be enough for Davis? Eovaldi's FIP numbers are fairly impressive, and he's about the same age (going into his age 25 season) as Heaney. It might be more appealing for the Fish to give him up as he's in his first arbitration year. He'd be under control through the 2017 season.

Again...I'm not saying we do a Davis for Eovaldi deal straight up, but I think they could be parts of a multi-player deal.

I honestly prefer Davis's ability to help us go to the playoffs/have a shot at the WS in 2015 + comp pick > some prospect. If the deal is absurd, sure. But given a presumably reduced value, I would rather have him play for us, hoping for him to play closer to 2012 Davis (and god willing, possibly 2013 Davis).

Archived