J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

I do not believe you can accurately judge range by using only your eyes.

I think it reeks of hubris to assume you can.

Dude, you need to get off your computer and watch some games. It's also obvious you played baseball no higher than backyard wiffle ball, likely with some girls.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not believe you can accurately judge range by using only your eyes.

I think it reeks of hubris to assume you can.

By only watching games, I believe Lorenzo Cain covers more ground than Adam Jones.

Cain also finished 17 and AJ 19 in WAR...Do do you believe Cain is the better player?

Steve Pearce ranked ninth in WAR daniel Nava cracked the top 40. I know Pearce had a hell.of a year but if Nava makes the top 40 and that doesn't tell you that stat is flawed, idk what else to say.

This is the worst argument from any of the WAR sides, either pro or against. I definitively know who the good players are and who the bad players are. If WAR doesn't match my great, preconceived conclusions about players, there must be something wrong with WAR.

It's one thing to say there are issues with WAR, or it's not the only thing that should be used, etc. It's another to put your own subjective views on such a pedestal, that anything that doesn't match them must, by definition, be wrong.

By only watching games, I believe Lorenzo Cain covers more ground than Adam Jones.

Cain also finished 17 and AJ 19 in WAR...Do do you believe Cain is the better player?

Cain is a far better defender, and many people who don't follow advanced stats don't seem to get how important defense is to the game. Jones is a much better offensive player, but if you combine the two facets of the game, they're probably pretty close.

How are errors perfectly fine? If I just stood in place and never moved' date=' I'd commit very few errors. Would you say I'm a good fielder?[/quote']

That's funny. But then again that's where I could use the eye test. If you would just stabs still then I wouldn't care what your ER would say. Because obviously you wouldn't be giving your all. And like I said in a previous post, if a guys gives his all and is a team player, thats all I can.ask for.

So if you want to be a selfish player to Ingmar your Errors.numbers, you do that on another team. :)

Errors are such a silly stat to take seriously. The person who makes no errors yet has no range (like a Markakis) might as well make 20-30 errors a season since every ball he doesn't get to that a normal RF would is the same as dropping the ball and getting an error.

Cain is a far better defender, and many people who don't follow advanced stats don't seem to get how important defense is to the game. Jones is a much better offensive player, but if you combine the two facets of the game, they're probably pretty close.

Yeah but you seem to be discounting the importance of the longball, in re: chicks.

This is the worst argument from any of the WAR sides' date=' either pro or against. I definitively know who the good players are and who the bad players are. If WAR doesn't match my great, preconceived conclusions about players, there must be something wrong with WAR.

It's one thing to say there are issues with WAR, or it's not the only thing that should be used, etc. It's another to put your own subjective views on such a pedestal, that anything that doesn't match them must, by definition, be wrong.[/quote']

This whole thing started because I said WAR is overrated. You just proved my point, you don't need WAR to know who the good players are.

OMG!!! How the hell do you know if you don't use WAR? OMG!!!

Errors are such a silly stat to take seriously. The person who makes no errors yet has no range (like a Markakis) might as well make 20-30 errors a season since every ball he doesn't get to that a normal RF would is the same as dropping the ball and getting an error.

Forgive me if I think WAR is just as silly.

That's funny. But then again that's where I could use the eye test. If you would just stabs still then I wouldn't care what your ER would say. Because obviously you wouldn't be giving your all. And like I said in a previous post, if a guys gives his all and is a team player, thats all I can.ask for.

So if you want to be a selfish player to Ingmar your Errors.numbers, you do that on another team. :)

The issue here is lack of range. Errors don't take into account how little ground your able to cover. If a fielder looks like he is trying, rather than standing in place, that doesn't change the problem. His lack of range, even if trying.

This whole thing started because I said WAR is overrated. You just proved my point, you don't need WAR to know who the good players are.

And you said WAR is overrated, and apparently, had NO IDEA what WAR was. You just actually looked it up a short time ago.

Ill say this about WAR I think it's a good COMPARISON stat. But just because player A has a WAR of 5 and player B has a WAR of 3 doesn'tnecessarily mean player A would be more beneficial to certain team.

I have decided that can not possibly be as ignorant of basic facts as you are currently portraying yourself to be so I have decided to have no further discourse with you on this matter.

Archived