Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said if season started today Pearce would be in RF</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If this happens gonna be a long season.

Hopefully at least four games longer than last season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Is Buck worried about clubhouse chemistry after losing Markakis and Cruz? "Not yet" <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Do nothing and watch come April.

I don't think he is a one year wonder but it is fair to question if he can hold up physically.

It certainly is a fair question. Apparently one of the issues with Pearce is that he takes so much batting practice it effects his wrists. Buck mentioned recently that he he's going to have to hold him back some.

I don't think he is a one year wonder but it is fair to question if he can hold up physically.

I can understand that part of it. But I don't think you take away the guys starting job just because you worry about health. Thats what getting depth is for. He should start, and if he gets hurt, then we replace him until he can come back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck said if season started today Pearce would be in RF</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

And we stll would be missing a DH

I can understand that part of it. But I don't think you take away the guys starting job just because you worry about health. Thats what getting depth is for. He should start, and if he gets hurt, then we replace him until he can come back.

I would DH him a fair bit of the time.

Buck also has a history of running his starters out there a lot.

The sky has already plummeted through the first three layers of the Earth's crust, for sure. Lord help us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Is Buck worried about clubhouse chemistry after losing Markakis and Cruz? "Not yet" <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Do nothing and watch come April.

I'm not sure why you're even an Orioles fan. If you can't be happy and optimistic and have faith in Dan after the past 3 years, than there is obviously not much that will excite you.

FromESPN Insider

Justin Upton - OF - Braves

USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Giants are discussing a trade with the Braves involving Justin Upton and Chris Johnson.

Nightengale cautions, however, that "neither club was overly optimistic a deal can be finalized." The deal is a fit for the Giants since they have a hole both in left field and at third base, but Nightengale says the Braves aren't sure the Giants have the prospects needed to make a trade work. Upton has drawn trade interest from a host of clubs this offseason.

Related: Giants, Chris Jo

Archived