Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would the hire of a new team president have anything to do with the fan base in Canada?
At the expense of another fanbase? Doubt they are that short sighted.

Strictly just my opinion, but if Toronto really wants him because of his familiarity of Canadian baseball and his ability to build winners, I say take the compensation.

What he's brought to his last several teams is what everyone wants, winning. He's shown the ability to still be able to build a team up to sustained winning. And if you build it, they will come. I look at his possible hiring as they want Toronto to succeed to tap into an entire country that only has one "local" team...even if it is at the expense of another team. The potential for more fans is higher in Canada than in the Baltimore area.

I'd be all for Stroman and another top prospect.

Strictly just my opinion, but if Toronto really wants him because of his familiarity of Canadian baseball and his ability to build winners, I say take the compensation.

What he's brought to his last several teams is what everyone wants, winning. He's shown the ability to still be able to build a team up to sustained winning. And if you build it, they will come. I look at his possible hiring as they want Toronto to succeed to tap into an entire country that only has one "local" team...even if it is at the expense of another team. The potential for more fans is higher in Canada than in the Baltimore area.

I'd be all for Stroman and another top prospect.

Stroman just talk with him. Even if they don't want him or if they are forced to choose the minority candidate.

The only compensation that Angelos would be willing to take would be for MASN to receive exclusive right to broadcast Jays games at very low cost. Pressuring Angelos is not a very effective strategy.

This is true. No matter what you think of PA's ownership of the Orioles, there's no doubt the guy and his cohorts know their way through the legal system. I think another reason he doesn't get the support of MLB is because he backed the players during the strike of 1994.

Archived