Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I heard the interview. I feel Duquette did not definitively shoot down the idea that he has interest in the Blue Jays job. He's not in a position to say much more than he said. I certainly got the impression he is planning on actively representing the Orioles at the winter meetings.

I agree completely with this statement.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. Why not just come out and say I'm not going anywhere. Would have ended all speculation there, and he wouldn't have to answer it anymore.

My guess is:

- He first heard about all this when his cousin, Jim, showed him the tweets on his iPad while they were flying to San Diego

- He would be interested in such a job, as any GM would

- He didn't know of Angelos's reaction until Bowden read him the quotes. At that point he could stop thinking about it, because he knew the O's would not give the Blue Jays permission to talk with him

If the thought of taking such a job held any interest to him (as I assume it would0, it would have been disingenuous for him to say otherwise.

Leverage for what? PA has him under contract. He doesn't have to allow anyone to speak to Dan. Dan has no leverage in this.

Maybe to keep him happy he gets more control or power. Perhaps it would entice Angelos to offer him more years. All I am saying is it does not hurt his cause.

I'm fine with that. But will Dan be fine that some in the organization want him gone?

Dan won't know who wants him gone. Will he? Since some writer just made that up. There are three people that he needs to please and they all seem pleased.

My guess is:

- He first heard about all this when his cousin, Jim, showed him the tweets on his iPad while they were flying to San Diego

- He didn't know of Angelos's reaction until Bowden read him the quotes. At that point he could stop thinking about it, because he knew the O's would not give the Blue Jays permission to talk with him

If the thought of taking such a job held any interest to him (as I assume it would0, it would have been disingenuous for him to say otherwise.

That timeline fits ever piece of fact that I have seen or heard.

I'm fine with that. But will Dan be fine that some in the organization want him gone?

No, he'll probably create an enemies list and start listening to phone conversations in the office. He might even bring in a special unit of "plumbers" to get secret information on employees who don't like him. In the end, it's the tapes that will be his undoing. He should destroy the tapes.

My guess is:

Dan Duquette has always wanted the respect of the baseball community. He stayed out of baseball for ten years because he did not wish to take a step backward. I would be very surprised if he did not want to be a team president.

Dan Duquette has always wanted the respect of the baseball community. He stayed out of baseball for ten years because he did not wish to take a step backward. I would be very surprised if he did not want to be a team president.

As he mentioned in the interview, he took over a number of the team president responsibilities when the Red Sox were being sold, so he's seen that side of the business.

I believe this. It's also reasonable to believe that even if DD would like to leave Baltimore, he'll still do everything in his power to make the Orioles a success. It's a direct reflection upon himself.

Archived