Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

The only disappointed Nats fans are those who were going to the NatsFest to begin with. The many thousands of other Nats fans around the Beltway and the rest of the country probably don't care. And those who do care will get over it.

Harper said, "I have attended NatsFest each year and always enjoy my experience with the fans, but was unable to attend this year's event due to matters out of my control. I look forward to next year's NatsFest."

It was Rizzo who stated that the upcoming grievance hearing was the reason Harper backed out.

"We're disappointed he's not here, but he chose not to be here because of the grievance".

Not a smart move by Rizzo in my opinion.

I would think this shows he is tired of the Nats experience, don't you? That Toronto job is a big deal. You could work your way into the top slop of MLB from there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Hart was there for the taking too. I firmly believe the Blue Jays have an agenda.

I'm a little behind so this may have been mentioned... The Jays have already been active this offseason, looking like they're trying to make a big splash this year. You have to figure IF they're going to replace Beeson they won't do it dead in the middle of an active offseason. So why all this interest NOW? Float rumors about DD (which I don't think affected us at all btw) and now Rizzo. It's like they messing with teams right when those teams have a bazillion other things to be focused on. Seems like a real [richard] move if you ask me.

I wouldn't say starting his arbitration a year later is a minor issue, especially if the Nats verbally agreed to it. Now, I would say that he has as big of a beef with Boras on this issue, but I can understand the anger with the Nats.

According to what I read, Harper is due $1.5 mm under his contract as written, and would probably get more like $2.5 mm if he was eligible for arbitration. I consider that a pretty minor issue when you consider that (1) Harper has already made $9.9 mm under his contract, and (2) there are lots of arbitration-eligible players who attend Fanfest-type events even when they are many millions of dollars apart from their team in contract negotiations. It's fine for Harper to be mad that the team is relying on the written contract when Boras says they had an oral agreement on the point, I just think its not enough of a big deal where I'd disappoint the fans if I were him. By the time Harper's done playing that $1 mm will be a very small fraction of what he's made playing baseball.

According to what I read, Harper is due $1.5 mm under his contract as written, and would probably get more like $2.5 mm if he was eligible for arbitration. I consider that a pretty minor issue when you consider that (1) Harper has already made $9.9 mm under his contract, and (2) there are lots of arbitration-eligible players who attend Fanfest-type events even when they are many millions of dollars apart from their team in contract negotiations. It's fine for Harper to be mad that the team is relying on the written contract when Boras says they had an oral agreement on the point, I just think its not enough of a big deal where I'd disappoint the fans if I were him. By the time Harper's done playing that $1 mm will be a very small fraction of what he's made playing baseball.

But with the way arbitration works that extra 1 million in year one is probably going to carry over to the other three years, maybe even increasing.

If he enters arb 1 at 1.5 his reward is going to be lower then if he enters arb 2 at 2.5. And so it will go. That one million could be an easy six million if he hits arb 4.

But with the way arbitration works that extra 1 million in year one is probably going to carry over to the other three years, maybe even increasing.

If he enters arb 1 at 1.5 his reward is going to be lower then if he enters arb 2 at 2.5. And so it will go. That one million could be an easy six million if he hits arb 4.

It gets a multiplier to it. One becomes two becomes four. Yep that's how it works.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB wants Dan Duquette-to-the-Jays to happen, and the Orioles have a unique opportunity: <a href="http://t.co/kkkcrDv7z5">http://t.co/kkkcrDv7z5</a> News/notes/links.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And here we go again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB wants Dan Duquette-to-the-Jays to happen, and the Orioles have a unique opportunity: <a href="http://t.co/kkkcrDv7z5">http://t.co/kkkcrDv7z5</a> News/notes/links.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And here we go again.

Its BS man, people keep rehashing the same crap and it seems to just be a game of telephone. What interest or reason does the MLB have in DD going to Tor? Why the hell would they care at all?

Archived