Chris Davis received an exemption from MLB to use Adderall in 2015

Greg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what Buck says about it:

"I don't know if it's the same thing. It's a good thing. Yeah, he told me he was approved for it."

Makes you wonder why he wasn't approved in 2014.

"It makes you wonder why publicly," Showalter said.

I am still confused by Buck's statement on this issue. What is he trying to infer? Help a country boy out will ya'?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but clearly is a strong word. Do you know that to be the case? Maybe he just neglected to get the paper-work done with MLB?

I have to agree with you Ruzious. Roy's use of the word "clearly" seems a bit much. I like Roy, but if he has concrete proof of his allegations then step forward and let the rest of us know the story.

Why do I have this feeling that CD could be the tipping point we all look back on in regards to Adderall. Let me explain: Much like roids, Adderall/Amphetamines has been a part of professional sports for a long time. But it wasnt until the we saw the dramatic changes in performance did we see an uproar (Sosa, Canseco, Bonds, Big Mac, Clemens, etc.).

If Chris comes back this year and hits 275/340/540 (880) with 40 HR's and 115 RBI's, he'll be the poster boy for Adderall. When performing experiments, it is imperative to have constants and variables to account for each action/reaction. I would say taking a guy from 26-29 and go on and off amphetamines each year without any major changes to his workout/prep, his health, his position, or his team is a pretty good test and could lead to some major scrutiny in the next couple years.

***I am prescribed adderall and have competed in sports such as Kickboxing and Power-lifting as well as football/basketball***

Not to be pedantic but that would be a poor test. A proper test tho isn't feasible as you'd need two identical players, one on adderall and one not.

Why are we not being told why he didn't have a tue last year?

Seems to me a few simple statements could make Chris righteous. The absence of those statements causes me to be a bit suspicious. Something doesn't add up.

Having said that I'm glad he got the exemption.

I can't think of any scenario where it's ok that he used Adderall while knowing that he wasn't allowed to, especially after already failing the first test. Obviously it looks better for him if they refused his application or whatever, but I think it's just as likely, if not moreso, that he didn't bother applying in '13 or '14 due to the extra restrictions added.

I can't think of any scenario where it's ok that he used Adderall while knowing that he wasn't allowed to, especially after already failing the first test. Obviously it looks better for him if they refused his application or whatever, but I think it's just as likely, if not moreso, that he didn't bother applying in '13 or '14 due to the extra restrictions added.

None at all. That is all on him. If it made his life miserable, he should have asked to be put on the restricted list until he could work things out.

You aren't going to use Adderall to deal with pressure. It is prescribed to help deal with the symptoms of ADHD. It helps you focus and for those that are hyperactive, it helps them calm down. I could certainly see how this could improve his game. Allowing him to be hyper focused would help him see the ball better and could impact his overall attentiveness.

Archived